Torn apart.

John stormed around the house.

He checking every window, and back door, and lock that he could possibly find to be checked on.

"So you spoke without telling me?" He said, and I nodded.

I wasn't afraid of him at all - but it was for his own good that I was looking out for him, and keeping an eye on Tommy too.

We needed to protect our family, but we needed to be involved within the loop.

"I did it for your own safety. For us. We need to keep doors open, John. For our own sake. It'll be alright. We can call by Charlie's yard and have a quick stop. We won't argue - we'll get the information and then we will leave. Alright?" I spoke as I said my orders.

John stopped stalking around and turned to me.
"You promise? No stupid makeups or nothin'?" He asked, genuinely.

"No John." I responded as I stepped forwards and cupped his cheeks in my hand. "We won't stick around, not if that's what you don't wanna do. We go, speak, listen, leave. Together. Alright my love?"

He nodded before kissing me gently. His kiss lingering as much as he possibly could.

"Alright I'll go shut the dogs away" he told me as he kissed me once more and grabbed a gun, heading out the back.

I took the front door as I checked Junior was safe, before I went to lock the shed door.

"Alright Michael?" I greeted as I watched him walk to the side, he nodded and looked to where I was pointing. "He's still not happy about coming. Talk him round" I called, letting the two men to it as I locked the shaft and headed back inside.

The back door opened.

"Come to the house. Have some food." John spoke over Michael as Michael warned him of what was happening and how we had no time for any of this.

He was right.

I stormed to the door as John began to walk through.

"Tommy says that they could come for us today, Indi." Michael warned as I stepped out of the door, walking towards my friend.

"Michael" I called,

"It's the New York mafia! The New York Mafia, John!" He exclaimed, too busy trying to talk some sense into my strong minded husband.

"And we're the fuckin' Peaky Blinders" John sang with his gun hung over his neck.

I rolled my eyes.

"No we ain't John." I tried but John softly shook his head at me.

I didn't want to fall out with him.

"No we fuckin' ain't John. We aren't the Peaky fuckin' Blinders unless we're fucking together!" John's cry was desperate and I knew he was right. "John, come to the meeting alright. Think about the kids yeah?"

I stepped over to Johns side as he checked surroundings. "We'll go John - and if you want to leave, then fine. We leave."  But anger took over his expression as I looked behind me to see a standing cart with bales on.

John leaned down, kissed me roughly, then stepped in front of me.

"Get in the fuckin' house" he demanded as he readied his gun and watched as men emerged from the bales.