Half a heart.

"To what do I owe this pleasure now? Hmm?" He questioned as I held the gun forcefully to his side

I stared down at anger as Tommy began to move his head a little to face myself, and the gun in my hand.

I was currently still fuming beyond words at him for removing John and the rest of my family from reality and placing them behind bars.

But the worst of it?

The worst was that they were being put to death today.

What could I do about it?

Fucking fuck all.

Tommy had the law wrapped round his fingers and allocated each officers on pay roll to decline my requests to visit any of my bloody family.

And today?
I'd had enough.

"Fuckin' hell Tommy!" I exclaimed.

I removed the gun, and placed it into my side bag.

I grabbed a glass of whisky, and sat opposite them.

"You've been ignoring my calls." He stated the obvious and I scoffed. "Ok, I s'pose you have your reasons."

"Yes, Tommy. I have my fuckin' reasons. Where the fuck are my family? Your family? They're behind the bloody bars of that jailhouse Thomas." I remained calm, but was gritting my teeth as I spat at him.

He sighed, looking directly into my eyes as he spoke.

"Go home, Indi. I have it sorted. John will be home soon. You have my word." I rolled my eyes. "Have faith, please."

"That's the one bloody thing I cannot ignore Tommy. I have too much faith in you. I hate this." I exhaled as I spoke, sounding completely deflated.

Tommy stood up from his side of the desk and slowly walked around to my side.

He placed his whisky glass on the side of the desk and pulled his trouser legs up as he knelt down before me.

I was a little intrigued as to what he had planned, but also shocked that he'd suddenly softened now as opposed to previous weeks where he wouldn't even look at me.

"Now. I'm grateful you're even here still Indi. And that's the one thing I'll always be thankful for - you. Now I'm doing best by you, but you've got to let me get on with it. John - he'll be home safe soon. You'll get that smile back that makes you shine brighter than any star I've seen, and I'll admire it from a distance like usual. But please - go home. Settle down. Make tea. Play with Junior. Do anything. Just get home." He pleaded as he cupped my face.

He looked deeply into my eyes with every word he sang.

Oh, Tommy.