Fearful.

"Got a busy lunch prepared for you, boss!" Pol called as she leaned against the office door.

I rolled my eyes as Finn raised his brow in confusion.

So naive.

I stood up from my desk, shuffled a few papers, and then stacked them in a neat pile.

'Can't do shit without me. Indi xo' I wrote on a note - then stuck the note on top of the pile and left it ready for Tommy to face tomorrow morning.

"Sorry, but I'm afraid I'll be off. Got things to do with my day - so I'm leaving Finn in charge." I winked at Pol and she chucked at my sarcastic remark.

"Tommy wants me to learn!" He called and I scoffed with a warm smile attached to my cheeks. I removed my hat and coat from the stand before dressing myself.

"All in good time, kid. All in a good bit of time" Polly sang

"When Pol says time, she means like maybe the next fifty or so years, Finn. Ain't no one be trustin' you anytime soon, love."  Were my final words as I smiled brightly at Finn and ran through the door before he could object.

I popped home briefly to change from workwear to casual.

I wanted to relax and enjoy the rest of my day in comfortable wear rather than looking like an office girl.

I'd been asked to meet my family just outside of Small Heath - in the forests near the exit by the river.

I assumed it would be a picnic lunch, therefore I thought what other best way to get around than on horse.

Parish was a gift from the brothers - on my 21st birthday in fact

John had been to the races with Tommy and Arthur, and apparently blamed Arthur for the idea.

Although part of me knew John would have been the one to suggest bargaining for such a beauty.

I'd owned her for just shy of 9 years now - and she had been nothing but kind and gentle throughout our time.

Curly worshiped her, saying that she and I were soulmates and made to fit one another.

Something I think anyone would have said about me and John, or perhaps about John, Tommy and I.

Maybe I could be classed as a jigsaw piece... fitting two places just with different puzzles connected to each individual - relating to a different life with each man.