Chapter 43: Christmas Special

*Tzuyu's POV*

It was Christmas Eve and all of us were sitting by the fire, enjoying the warmth it brought. We were binging Christmas movies nonstop and snuggled in blankets and pillows.

When the current movie was done, Sana unnie said, "Hey how about we do something else? We've been sitting here the whole time watching movies, so who's up for eggnog?"

The members quickly agreed and Sana unnie ran to the kitchen.

"I'll go help her." Jihyo said.

"I'll come with you." Mina added.

They both got up and headed into the kitchen. The rest of us proceeded to just scroll through our phones and see what was on social media right now.

There were occasional laughs and giggles from memes or from cute little pictures that fans have made. Jeongyeon was the most teasing one, especially towards Nayeon.

"Ah don't show that! I look ugly!" Nayeon yelled.

Jeongyeon fell to the floor laughing and she held up her phone to revel the gif she made. The rest of the members fell over laughing and Nayeon pouted.

Eventually, Jeongyeon apologized and hugged Nayeon. Dahyun scooted closer to me and whispered, "So...when are you going to get the ring?"

"Oh yeah that's right! Here I'll go get it now and stuff it in my jacket."

I excused myself and headed into my shared room. I searched in my drawer until I felt the box.

"Ah got it!"

I took it out and opened it.

"I can never get used to this. It's so beautiful..."

I ran my finger over the gems and gave a small smile.

"I can't wait to see Sana unnie's reaction." I thought to myself.

After admiring the ring, I closed the box and stuffed it in my jacket. I made sure that it wouldn't fall out and then I headed back into the living room.

Shortly after Sana unnie called out, "It's done! Eggnog's ready!"

They came in with the drinks and we all stood up.

"How about a toast?" Jihyo said.

We agreed and Jihyo started off.

"This year has been an amazing year. We debuted with Like Ooh Ahh, made our first album, and we did a cover of Confession Song. This is our first Christmas together as a group and I'm proud to be the leader of it. I know we've still got room to grow and I hope we will continue for a very long time. To us, being a family!"

We cheered and raised our mugs in the air. We clicked it with each other's before taking a drink.

The night went on and soon it was near midnight.

"Oh look it's almost midnight!" Dahyun said.

"And that means it's almost time to open presents!" Momo said.

We decided to take a quick picture before it struck midnight.

We gathered around the Christmas tree and smiled for the camera. Jihyo set it on a timer and quickly stepped into her place.