Part two

I sat on the hood of my car in the driveway. Dustin, Lucas, and Mike played around waiting for Will to show up. They aimed they're gadgets at each other pretending to suck each other up. I know I make fun of them for being childish and playing around but I secretly it warmed my heart watching them. I wanted them to keep this innocence as long as possible.

Jonathan pulled up and I smiled at the sight. He parked their car on the side of the road. Him and Will were talking so i made sure to wait until will got out to walk to him.

"Nice costume!" Jonathan smiled. I twirled around holding my hands up.

"Thanks! Imma- well I don't know what i am, just needed a excuse to wear this outfit." I giggled. I was wearing leather pants, a leather jacket, a fitted red crop top, black platform heels, thin glasses, and my hair was slicked into a curly ponytail. He was the only person who actually made a effort to talk to me since i been here. Well minus the extremely awkward run ins with Nancy Wheeler and Steve Harrington.

"Nice, nice. So creative." He crossed his arms teasing me. Playfully I rolled my eyes hitting his shoulder.

"Shut up! Are you not staying?" I asked. He leaned against the car staring off at nothing in particular.

"Nahh. Moms been on Wills case ever since he came back home so I decided to give him some freedom." He explained watching his little brother play.

"Where did he go?" I asked in confusion. His eyes widened once I spoke. I wasn't aware he ever left.

"Oh u-umm nowhere important ya know. Look i gotta go okay. I'll probably see you at the party. Bye!" He said. He pulled me into a quick hug and got inside his car. I furrowed my eyebrows at the weird conversation. I waved as he drove off.

I walked back up to the kids. "So here's the plan. I take y'all to the good places but after 30 minutes you're on your own. Sound good?" I told them. Everyone nodded and we walked off.

I rolled my eyes on the journey as the boys talked about three musketeers. I had to fight off the urge to mention how utterly disgusting they were to avoid more argument. I stuffed my thumbs in my back pocket mentally praying for it to be time to go. A little part of me was excited hoping that the tall mullet wearing boy, Steve, would be there. I shook my head, thats Nancy's boyfriend destiny come on!

A kid wearing a Mask and holding a knife jumped out of nowhere bringing me out of my daydream. I screamed at the top of my lungs holding my hand over my heart. Lucas and mike clung around me in fear.

"Yup and on that note i am gone. Have fun and pleaseee be safe." I said giving each one of them a tight hug. I ran off in the direction of the party.

Eventually i made it to the raving party. Lights shined around it and rock blasted inside. Drunks littered the yard but I decided it was the best decision to just walk around them. I made my way to the back yard seeing the other new kid chug down beer. Tons of people cheered for him. Idiots. Alcohol poisoning had to be the biggest turn off.

He spit it out and his toned abs were slick with oil... or sweat. Either way, looking past the whole future drunk thing, he was hot. They chanted billy while I myself walked to the kitchen for a drink.

"We got ourselves a new keg king harrington." Some boy said. I rolled my eyes chugging my vodka straight. I winced at the burning feeling quickly chasing it with coke. If you wanna be known for being the king of alcohol be my guest. Nancy made it my way.

"Whats in this?" She asked pointing to the bowl of red liquid. Steve came up behind her.

"According to that guy," I pointed across the room. "PURE FUEL WHOOO!" I did my best imitation. They both laughed and I smiled at Steve. Progress.

She poured herself a drink and steve tried to stop her. "We're just being stupid teenagers for the night, wasn't that the deal?" She said going back to drinking. My eyes widened looking between her and Steve. Even i knew that that much of something called pure fuel wasnt good for you.

She walked away glaring at me. Steve and i shared a look of tiredness. "And y'all are dating?" I spoke on the different personalities. He grimaced nodding.

"yeah. Dynasty right?" He said. I shook my head trying not to feel offended. "Sorry im kinda bad at names."

"Im Destiny Sinclair, we met the other day. Maybe if I was really fat you could recognize me easier." I mumbled the last part, holding my hand out. "I'm best- was best friends with Nancy and Barbra." He shook my hand.

"Now I remember my 'friends' used to talk about you. It's nice to meet a friend of Nanc." He smiled. Safe to say 14 year old me would have fainted by now.

"Ohh you don't know? Shes made it clear that we are not friends and I haven't saw Barb anywhere. Im a lone wolf in the making." I laughed drinking from my beer bottle I picked up in the middle of our conversation.

"Well now you have me at least. Now if you'll excuse i need to get my out of control girlfriend." He slowly let go of my hand walking off. I didnt even realize we we're still holding hands.

I looked at my hand smiling. Woah.

Word count : 971
Edited