part two

We went through the woods towards the lab. Every now and then someone would step on a branch causing my head to snap in that direction.

"Isn't it a little weird how the lab lights weren't on?" I asked. I couldn't lie I was a little, alright a lot, scared. We decided to just leave the car because in this situation its easier to go on foot.
That also means no quick escape.

"Don't worry its probably nothing." Lucas said.

"You know I'm really starting to question your intelligence if you think a high-tech lab, that a bunch of monsters just escaped to, with no lights on, is nothing." I said. For someone with his grades I would think he knows better.

"Haha burn." Max snickered and I highfived her.

Once we made it down to our possible doom, I could notice lights through the trees.

"Hello? Who's there?" A voice yelled.

"Who's there's?" I mocked yelled back holding on to the back of Steve's jacket.

Once we all made into the clearing a tilted my head in confusion. "Jonathan?" I asked while simultaneously Steve said Nancy.

"Steve? Destiny?" Nancy and Jonathan said.

"Awkward" Dustin whispered. I rolled my eyes, letting go of Steve. I smooth out the imaginary wrinkles on my jacket.

"What are y'all doing here?" Nancy questioned us.

"What are you doing here?" I retorted.

"We're looking for mike and will." She spoke.

"Well their not in there are they?" I asked.

"We're not sure, why?" Nancy asked just as a much louder screech was heard. All of our heads looked at the spooky building. All that was going through my head was, why couldn't this have happened during the day.

"Thats why." I said softly. The whole group faced each other again starting to talk on top of each other with their findings.

"Hey guys! The powers back!" I called. We ran to the gate opening machine that lets people in and out. Jonathan started fumbling with different buttons whilst we kept our eye on the building.

"Let me try." Dustin said confidently but Jonathan shook his head, "Let me try Jonathan!" Dustin said moving the older one behind him. I tried not to giggle at him but Steve laughed causing me to.

I could feel a pair of eyes staring at our silent laughing fit but I chose to ignore it. Now was not the time.

"Son of a bitch, you know what." Dustin said clicking random buttons. Out of no where the gate slowly opened. "I got it! Haha, I got it."

We collectively ignored him. "So whats the plan?" I asked feeling anxious.

"Okay you guys stay here and Nancy and I are gonna drive through okay." Jonathan rushed getting into his car. Nancy quickly followed and they sped through the gate.

"And then what?" I mumbled know it was too late. I sighed joining Steve in leaning against the yellow poles. He looked down smiling at me before playing with his lighter.

"Tonights been weird, scary, but weird." I spoke leaning into him. "To think just the other day I was scared of something much much tinier." I whispered, "but now in this moment I crave it, the reassurance that everything will be fine" I finished. I could believe I was being so bold and confident mentioning our almost kiss. Steve turned to me holding my hand.

"Destiny i-" Steve started but was cut off.

"Guys." Max spoke causing us to look up. Cars raced around the corner blaring their horns.

"Look out!" I yelled pulling the kids out from the road. We stopped staring at the person in the car who also stopped. "Chief Hopper?"

"Let's go." Was all he said. Steve opened the door for us, ushering us in.

"Come on, go!" He commanded. Before he came in after me. "Alright let's go!" And with that we squealed off.

Word count: 651
edited