Part three

I sat at my vanity staring at my alarm clock. It blinked 5:25 and ive been sitting here ever since my shower having no idea what to wear. "Lucas!" I screamed for him. Silence. Where the hell is that little shit on a school day?

"Erica!" I screamed for her.

"Busy!" She yelled back. I groaned standing up and walking to my closet.

"Lets start off with a top, that's simple enough." I mumbled in a fret. Quickly i picked out a beige tank top before I could change my mind. Easy peasy.

I picked a light denim skirt to go with it. It had a black and dark blue checkered print and a gold button on the side. I put it on. "This is so cute!" I jumped up and down and twirled.

I sat in my vanity looking at myself. Damn I'm cute. I pulled my curly hair up in a highpony and tugged on it. I sprayed my hairspray on. I reached for the closest lip gloss I could see. A pinkish redish one.

Now for shoes. I tapped my lip looking at my scattered shoes all over my floor. Obviously i was going heels. I spotted some beige ones with a thick heel so i put those on.

Honk honk. I opened my window seeing Steves car sitting in the road. "Fuckkk." I groaned. I put my light denim jacket on, grabbed my bag, and ran downstairs.

I opened the door walking towards the car. I waved at him as i got in. "Hey dest." He smiled pulling off.

"Hm. So we're on a nickname basis now?" I asked laughing.

"Uh duh were like best buds and tell each other secrets and stuff!" He faked a girl accent. I laughed at him.

"So like what do you think of Jennifer?" I say perking up.

"Oh she's like a total biotch!" He rolled his eyes. I laughed leaning back in the seat. We made it to the house and he opened the door for me. "By the way you look um very b-beautiful." He said looking at me as he opened the door.

I looked down tugging on my backpack straps. "Thanks." I smiled. He said your welcome leading me upstairs to his room. There were tons of pictures of him and his family decorated all over his house. I sat on his bed.

"Here's my essay." He handed to me as i took my shoe off. I sat criss cross reading it.

"It's really good Steve! I get all of the ideas you were trying to make and stuff." I explained. He sat next to me smiling.

"Really?" I nodded.

"Still you're going to have to rewrite it to make it long and polish it up so I suggest you get a thesaurus." I said putting my glasses on. He sighed.

"Might as well get comfortable then." He said. "Can i get you something?"

"Just some water please." I smiled getting out a sheet of paper. I look on his desk for any books I thought he might need. I got a dictionary and thesaurus and tossed them on his bed.

Steve came back with a bottle of water and a apple in his hand. "Some brain food." He said taking a bite. I laughed shaking my head.

"Lets get started. It shouldn't take long, we just have to connect ideas and add like fancy words." I said our eyes meeting. I bit my lip as he nodded.

Clearing my throat I looked back at his paper.

The time went by fast and we were a little more than halfway done. 8:25. Hopefully my mom and dad were okay with me staying out later than usual.

"Lets take a break." Steve said. I nodded throwing down the pencil. "Whats it like being here after two years." He asked.

"It's really different but a good different. New york was fun but it was very fast paced."

"What do you mean?"

"Like standards were constantly changing there. It was good for me overall cause nobody calls me 'fat ass' and shit anymore. But back there it was tiring. Here its just going slow." I explained. He nodded. "Did you and Nancy break up?" I asked.

"Yeah. I think you heard the little bullshit rant." He sighed. "She's probably off with Jonathan now anyway." He scoffed.

"Well you're off with me. And don't you feel better?" I licked my lips.

"You're right. Maybe opposites don't attract as much as I thought." He said leaning in.

I nodded slowly leaning in too.

"Stevie we're home!" A feminine voice called out causing us to jump away from each other.

"Um i-i should go!" Say rushing to put my shoes on and go.

"Destiny wait!" I heard Steve call but i was already downstairs and out the door.

That night I ended up walking home.

Word count: 817
Kinda edited