part four

I helped Hopper throw random shit out of the Byers shed. When I was up north working on my confidence and figure I went to the gym pretty often and continued to workout here. Needless to say I wasn't weak. Bonus, this stuff wasn't exactly heavy, just a lot.

I marched back inside confirming with everyone that the shed was now empty. The people that were in the house nodded and went back to their assigned assignment.

Sighing, I headed back outside wiping the sweat from the warm fall air, off my forehead. I was walking along the side of the shed hoping I could find someone else to help out, until I heard voices.

"...helping the kids...that was...really cool." Nancy said.

"Yeah. Those little shits are real trouble you know?" He accepted politely despite the harsh words he used.

"Believe me I know." Nancy spoke. A second of silence went by signaling their conversation was over. I took a deep breath then headed into the shed.

"Hey. Need help?" I smiled innocently rubbing my arm. Steve stopped from his work twisting over to look over at me. A large grin spread across his handsome face resulting in the same smile on mine.

"Y-yeah sure come on." Nancy glumly answered. I nodded making my way inside to stand next to Nancy. Not really knowing what to do I just helped her cut tape and taped some of the tarp down. "So, ahem, are you guys...you know?"

"What are you talking about?" I feigned ignorance not really wanting to tell her because I myself didnt really know.

"Oh! Nothing, just never mind. Destiny i-I just want to apologize, for the way I've been acting towards you." Nancy looked at me with guilt. I breathed slowly then looked at her. I placed the scissors down on the wood plank.

"You know Nancy, with everything you've said and done to and about me, honestly I should reject your apology however, I'm way too happy about my situation in life," I looked up at Steve who was staring right at me with an eyebrow raised, "so yes I forgive you. Plus what you said really didnt hurt me" I ended my rant with a smile.

"i-i don't really know what to say to that." Nancy said baffled.

"There's nothing to say. At least not right now. All we can do is focus on Will." I deflected with a positive tone.

"Alrighty I'm done. Let's get this show on the road" Steve said clapping his hands together. He stepped down from the ladder and placed his hands on his hips.

Everyone else came filing in to make sure the shed was complete unrecognizable. If he didnt know where he was then there was no way that we could be found by the shadow monster. Jonathan set some lights up so that the place wasn't complete dark.

Hopper entered the shed carrying a knocked out will. "Guys come on let's go inside." I rounded up Max, Dustin, and my little brother. I didnt want them to have to witness this but more importantly I didnt want any interference leading to an issue.

Nancy and Steve followed behind me as we paraded in. I held my siblings hand close to me rubbing the back of it with my thumb. We went inside and I sat down with him and Max.

"I'm scared." Max whispered. I shook my head.

"Nows not the time to be scared. Everything is gonna be fine, we got this." I reassured.

"If he finds out where we are, will he send those dogs after us?" She asked.

"He won't find out." Lucas answered.

"Yeah, but, if he does..."

"Judgment day." Was all he said.

The door burst open catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"What happened?" Dustin asked walking up to Hopper at the table. We all gathered around him as he started writing.

"I think he's talking just not with words." He explained writing down dots and lines.

"What is that?" Steve asked resulting in everyone saying Morse code. Nerds.

"H-E-R-E, here. Will's still in there and he's talking to us." Hopper concluded.

"Okay y'all go back out there and talk to him. Signal us everything he taps and one of us will write it." I came up with a plan.

"Sounds good. I'll write, Dustin and Lucas us translate." Nancy told us and the four (Joyce, Jonathan, Mike, and chief Hopper) went back outside leaving with a radio and a walkie talkie.

After a minute or so our first code came in. "Dash dot dash dot. C." The two boys told Nancy.

"L."

"O."

"S."

"E."

"G."

"A."

"T."

"E."

We ran standing around Nancy. "Close gate."

Just then the phone rang. My eyes widen before I ran to take it off the hook. "Shit!" I said putting it back on. The ringing stopped. Just as soon as it ended it rang again. Nancy grabbed the base throwing it off the wall.

"Do you think he heard that?" Max asked.

"Its just a phone. It could be anywhere. Right?" Steve said. We stood frozen not knowing what to do or say. Then another screech roared.

"I don't think thats the case." I mumbled.

"Thats not good." Dustin said.

Jonathan ran inside carrying Will and placed him on the couch. The young ones kneeled on the couch peaking through windows.

"Hey! Hey! Get away from the windows!" Hopper yelled. He looked over at Jonathan holding up a rifle. "Do you know how to use this?" He asked.

"Huh? Wha?" Jonathan nervously said.

"Can you use this!?" He enunciated each word.

"Fuck yeah! Toss it!" I said catching the gun midair. All of us with weapons lined in front of the window. Lucas with a slingshot, Hopper's gun, Steve's nail embedded bat, lastly my rifle and I. Everyone without a weapon stood behind us.

Everyone was on high alert paying attention to all directions. We could hear them lurking around the house with low growls. Until one of them let out a pained whimper. We looked up confused by the sound. All of the sudden one flew through the window causing us to jump back and scream. Steve protectively jumped in front of me.

"Holy shit." Dustin was the first to speak.

"Is it dead." Max asked as we collectively neared it but not too close. Hopper kept his gun pointed at it and nudge the demo dogs head with his foot. When it limply flopped over we sighed in relief.

That was short lived as the door creaked. Then the lock snapped unlocked. "what the hell, now we're dealing with ghost" I mumbled more to myself. The chain pulled back falling down and the door opened.

In walked a little girl dressed like some goth with slicked back hair. I lowered my weapon as did everyone else. Mike walked towards her smiling causing her to too.

"Hi mike."

Word count: 1167
Edited