Part two

I sat in Steves car looking out the window. It was lunchtime so a lot of people were out here however we parked in a less dense side just in case. "So Barbra is dead?" I asked turning my head. My face felt hot with tears and i was full of pain. Steve nodded. "How?"

"I cant tell you that. And if i did you wouldn't believe me." He shook his head.

"Tell me Steve Harrington or so help me god!" I shouted.

"Its for your own safety." He said. My heart fluttered despite the situation. I shot him a glare letting him know i was serious.

"Well it started off when will went missing." He said. He explained Barbra going missing at his house, the upside down,  my brothers and his friends involvement etc.

"I asked you to tell me what happened, not to lie to me." I scoffed. The fact he came up with this whole elaborate plan just to not tell me was kinda creepy. My friend is dead and he says something like that?

"I really wish this was a lie." He rubbed his hand over his face.

"You mean if I asked my brother that or even Jonathan. They would agree?" I sniffed. He nodded. I blinked back some tears.

"C'mere." He said holding his arm open. I crawl into his arms over the seat. His long warm arms wrapped around me and i cried out. "Nancy claims it was our fault but nobody could save barb from that thing even if they tried. She's trying to tell barbs parents and heck everyone. The government is already up Hawkins ass now. Its not safe."

"I understand you couldn't save her steve." I said. "Im sorry you've gone through this. Im sorry everyone went through this and I wasn't even here. Hopefully Nancy reflects on her plans."

"Come on, we gotta go to class." He patted my back. I nodded getting out of his lap. I opened the door getting out. "What are you doing after school?" He asked.

I shrugged looking around. "Wanna come to my place? I mean i have a essay to redo or revise and Nancy wasnt very helpful." He scratched his neck. My hands went up wiping my eyes and tugging my hair into a ponytail.

"Of course I'll help. Get me at 6 ya?" I say getting out a piece of chewing gum. "In return you can go into further details about the past year." I said. I popped a piece of gum in my mouth walking off.

I went inside the school sighing. This day has been quite eventful.