Stop Blushing So Much!

Later That Night, Back at the Hotel:

"Well, that doesn't sound so bad," Erza mused as she cut her steak into perfect square pieces before spiking one with her fork and raising it to her mouth. The team was sitting in the hotel's restaurant, enjoying a full meal thanks to their client, who not only owned but supplied the restaurant with its food from his vast farm.

"Oh no," Grey agreed sarcastically. "Fighting an invisible beast that no one can seem to describe or catch should be a breeze!"

Lucy paused, her fork lifted halfway to her mouth. "Erza may be right, Grey. Virgo can be a big help to us with setting a trap. Your ice can then make it visible and we can fight it from there," she stated proudly, pleased that she had come up with a plan that was not only feasible, but also she had said it BEFORE Erza. One point to me, she thought gleefully to herself. I may not be the strongest on the team, but I do have my brain!

Erza nodded. "Very good, Lucy. I was thinking along those same lines. Virgo digs the trap, Happy flies Grey above the pit and freezes it. I can use one of my requips and kill the beast."

Natsu paused, a piece of food falling from his mouth onto his plate. Lucy pretended not to notice. "What about me?" he asked, his mouth full of food.

"Natsu," Erza explained calmly, like to a child, "you have the most important job of all! Since the creature is invisible, we will need your keen sense of smell to find and trap it."

Natsu gave a smile and nod, then continued to eat.

Lucy looked out the windows across the room that faced the street. "Wow, it looks like this festival is a really big deal. They have lanterns strung everywhere and look at all the stalls that are being set up!" She glanced at Erza, who, despite the team name, was their unspoken leader. "I think we should check it out since technically, our mission doesn't start until the morning!"

Erza's eyes had sparkled at Lucy's mention of shopping stalls. "Yes, I'd like to see what the festival is all about. Just make sure not to travel alone. This is not a town any of us are too familiar with and we wouldn't want anything to happen. Grey and Happy, we shall be a group and Natsu and Lucy another group."

Stuck with Natsu again? Lucy and Happy both exclaimed, "What?"

Erza smiled and nodded, placing her napkin on the table. " It only makes sense," she explained. "The three of us are done eating," she nodded to Happy's fish which was nothing but bones on his plate and the fact that Grey had already set down his utensils. "You and Natsu can then finish up without the rest of us having to wait on anyone."

She gave each of them a steely look which dared them to disagree with her. Grey shrugged and got up, followed by Happy. "I'd like to check out some of the festival, but I might turn in early. You'll have Happy to then keep you company."

See? It all works out perfectly read Erza's smirk as she pushed past the other tables, Happy and Grey following her.

Lucy sighed and pushed around the remaining food on her plate. She glanced at Natsu's plate, surprised he had anything left to eat with the speed he had been shoveling food in.

Natsu caught her look. "Come on, Luce, is it that bad to be stuck with me?"

She was surprised at his hurt tone. Blushing, she stumbled on her words. "No, of course not. I..." She let it drop, not sure what she wanted to say. I don't want to be alone with you? I'm nervous about it just being us in the bedroom with no Happy as chaperone? What if Natsu figured out how she really felt about him? They were close friends, teammates - she didn't want to mess that up!

"Well," exclaimed Natsu, pushing back his chair, "I'm ready. Think it will be as good as a Magnolia festival?" he teased, knowing Lucy's enthusiasm for any special event. He almost predicted her next words.

"Sure, but I just want to run upstairs to the room to grab something. Can you, um, wait for me in the lobby?"

"Sure. And Lucy?"

"Yes?" she turned around and looked at him and saw he was giving her one of his goofy grins.

"Stop blushing so much!"