Is There Something We Should Know?

Neither one wanted to be the first to speak. What do they say? They had crossed the line from being best friends to being.....what? Lovers? Boyfriend and girlfriend?

Mates, the low voice now spoke from Natsu's heart.

"Lucy, are you ok?" Natsu finally spoke, breaking the silence in between them.

She turned her head to look at him. What could she say? Oh Natsu, that was amazing? Well, it was, but how cheesy would it be to say that aloud?

Instead, she replied, "I'm okay, are you okay?"

He gave her a toned down version of his characteristic grin. "Oh, definitely okay!"

"Natsu," she breathed softly, giving a small chuckle.

Later, The Next Day

"Well, that wasn't, um, too bad," Erza finally said, being the first to speak. Team Natsu were sprawled on the grass, breathing heavy, the marks of the battle upon them.

"Oh yeah," Gray replied sarcastically. He glanced at the gash on his side. "Too bad Wendy isn't here to heal us," he grumbled. "This stings like a bitch."

"Well maybe if you left your clothes on, you wouldn't have to worry about it," grumbled Lucy in an unusually bad mood. She glanced down at the rags she was now wearing. "Why? WHY is it always MY clothes that get shredded?!?" She glared at Erza, who had requipped into her usual armor. She was totally jealous of that ability! Maybe it was something she'd have to talk to Loke about - I mean, if she could call spirits, and Virgo could help her clothe in celestial wear, why couldn't Lucy do that on her own?

"I don't know, Luce," grinned Natsu, "I think it's becoming your trademark style, right?"

Growling, she grabbed a nearby rock and threw it half heartedly in his direction. "If I wasn't so goddamn tired, I'd be throwing out a Lucy kick at you for that remark!"

Erza stood up and brushed off dust and grass from her armor. "Regardless of our fashion sense, we got the job done and need to go collect our reward."

Gray frowned. "Don't take this the wrong way, but for the amount of jewel we're making, doesn't it seem strange that this job wasn't harder?"

"Seriously? You're going to complain?" the blue exceed spoke up. "I say shut up and take the money! Do you know how many fish this will buy?"

"I'm not complaining, just think it's kind of suspicious. I mean, everything fell into place, yeah, but honestly, when do our plans go this well without a hitch?"

Lucy threw another rock, this time in Gray's direction. As she flung her arm forward, she heard a rip and just about had a "wardrobe malfunction."

"Oh perfect," she grumbled, grabbing the bit of cloth and trying to figure out how to secure it so she wasn't exposing herself to the world.

"Here, princess, let me help you with that," Virgo said, suddenly appearing at Lucy's side. A bright glow appeared around Lucy, and as it faded, she found herself in new clothes. She breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Virgo!" she smiled, her bad mood starting to disappear.

"I liked the other look," Natsu leaned over and told her softly. She pushed him away, pretending to be mad at him. Erza looked at the two, her eyebrows raised. She then gave a side look to Happy, who chuckled. Maybe she would be coming into a reward of her own back at the Guild!

Virgo nodded at Lucy. "If that's all, Princess...unless you'd like to punish me."

Lucy sighed. She loved her spirits, but why were they so perverse at times? "No, thanks for coming to my fashion rescue!" she smiled brightly.

"Oh, and Princess? About that other matter? Loke can help you with that." Virgo disappeared. It was nice how her spirits were so in tune with her, but sometimes it was TOO in tune, right? Still, she'd have to talk to Loke once they got back from this mission.

Erza walked over to a nearby tree and picked up Gray's clothes. She handed them to him, then announced to the rest of the group, "I think it's about time we go talk to Mr. Makato, our client." Gray silently got dressed. Natsu held out a hand and helped Lucy up.