So You and Flame Brain, eh Bunny Girl?

At the Guild Hall:

"But we always walk in together," Natsu frowned at Lucy, Happy hovering overhead. "Why should today be any different?"

"Because, you numbskull, I'm already embarrassed enough!" Lucy huffed.

"It's okay, Lucy," Happy reassured her. "I think if we don't go in together, it'll just look weird."

"Fine. Whatever," mumbled Lucy, marching ahead and opening up the Guild door. As usual, it was noisy and no one really paid attention who was going in and out. Mira, of course, sent the two a huge grin and a wave. But then again, she did that everyday. Lucy had to admit, the cat was right - it was business as usual.

"Now if you want me to do one of those romantic kisses with lots of smacking noises," grinned Natsu, leaning close and speaking in a low volume to Lucy.

"Yeah, uh, no thanks!" she quickly replied, gulping nervously. Where the heck did Natsu get that idea from?

"I need to speak to Levy," she told Natsu, then hurried over to her blue-haired friend, who was, as usual, sitting with Gajeel.

"Levy-chan!"

"Lu-chan!" squealed Levy, jumping up and hugging her friend. "How's it going?" she asked, giving a sly grin.

"So you and flame brain, eh, bunny girl?" teased Gajeel before biting off a big piece of iron that was in his hand.

"Levy, I need your help in the library," Lucy said, ignoring Gajeel's remark.

"Of course!" replied Levy. She took her friend's hand and they both went to the basement where the Guild library was located.

"What are we looking for?" Levy asked as they looked around the circular room whose shelves were crammed full of books. Levy frowned. "I just reorganized these, too. Who's been messing up the shelves?" she muttered.

Lucy shrugged. "As far as I know, only you, me, and the master ever seem to use the library." She cleared her throat. "Um, so, Levy, I need to know more about, um, dragons."

"Dragons? Is this because of Natsu?"

"Yes, in a way." She turned her head and showed Levy her mark. Levy peered closely at it and grinned. "Aww, it looks like a red dragon breathing fire!"

"It does?" Lucy questioned. She'd have to look closer in the mirror when she got home. Did it develop its shape over time? She was embarrassed to admit that it just looked like a red blob to her before.

"Anyway," Lucy continued, "I don't know if you heard, but Natsu almost attacked Grey just because I mentioned inviting him to dinner to thank him for helping us with our mission. I mean, I was inviting the team, but I happened to be talking to him at the time. Natsu got really jealous and..." she didn't want to tell Levy he had almost burned her - that didn't need to be going around the Guild! "....and almost hurt Grey!" she finished.

"So, the master mentioned reading more in a book about dragons. Hopefully this jealous stage won't last long. It's only supposed to be until Natsu feels more secure in our relationship." She blushed. "I just need to know HOW long and if there's anything else I need to look out for."

Levy hugged her best friend. "Lucy, I'm so happy for you! I know you've liked Natsu for a while now, even if you didn't," she grinned. "Natsu has also liked you for a long time as well, even if he didn't know it either! I'm not sure what prompted you two to finally admit it to one another, but I'm really glad it happened!"

"Thanks, Levy-chan," Lucy replied, blushing again. "It means a lot. Let's start looking for that book, though!"

"Right!"

After splitting up the shelves in between them, Levy started muttering to herself. "You know, I had these books in an organized fashion. Who is putting history with alchemy? Seriously! This is not going to make it easier to find our book we're seeking!"

"Um, Levy?" asked Lucy after a few more minutes had passed. "Have you thought that this information might help you as well?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what if Gajeel decides to do what Natsu did..."

"Lucy!" Levy blushed a deep red. "I don't think Gajeel sees me in that way! He thinks of me as a friend...well, and an arm rest most times!"

"Please!" scoffed Lucy. "You said you saw Natsu and me way before we did? You and Gajeel are the same! I'll tell you what - we'll study the book together and that way, if it DOES come up, you'll be prepared!"

"Whatever," Levy murmured, her finger tracing the spines of books as she read the titles.

Lucy suddenly stopped and slapped her forehead. "I'm an idiot!" she announced. Taking a key from her chain, she announced, "Gate of the Southern Cross, I open thee - Crux!"

Crux, one of Lucy's celestial spirits, appeared before her. "Grandpa Crux, can you help us find a book about dragons and dragon slayers. Particularly one about the dragon's mark or the dragon's mate?" She felt herself blushing at her request. Geeze, get it together, Lucy, she scolded herself. You and Natsu are an item - get used to it!

Crux immediately closed his eyes and began to snore softly. Both Lucy and Levy knew this meant the spirit was searching, but it was still funny to watch. After about 10 minutes, where the girls used the time to continue to look for the book - well, Lucy continued - Levy got distracted and started reorganizing shelves, Crux opened his eyes and cleared his throat.

"Miss Lucy," he began in his gruff voice. "I believe the volume you are looking for cannot be found in the guild library. However, if you travel to the Magic Library, there is a book in the west section that will tell you everything you need to know." He cleared his throat again. "I can tell you that once the dragon marks its mate, there is a time period where it cannot be without its mate. If it cannot physically touch its mate during this time period, the dragon becomes highly aggressive and can be prone to self-harm." With that statement, he bowed and Lucy closed his gate.