I Have a Good Idea, Wanna Hear It?

"Foolish kids," Porlyusica muttered, but Wendy thought she saw a hint of a smile from the healer. She turned to Wendy and nodded. "Good job, Wendy. You're turning into an excellent healer!"

"Thank you!" Wendy said gratefully and grinned.

The crowd at the door parted and let the older healer through. Lily had put Makarov down and he was waiting at the top of the stairs for Porlyusica.

"You old fool," she told him with a chuckle. "You're doing all right, Makarov." She glanced back at the doorway where the crowd was rushing into the room and surrounding Natsu. "Make sure she doesn't leave him again. Those dragons can be tough, but they don't do well with a broken heart."

"Aye," sighed Makarov, walking down the stairs beside the healer. "Once again, we owe you a great debt of gratitude."

Porlyusica waved her hand like it wasn't a big deal. "Just my usual fee will do. Don't call me again!" she finished, walking out the guild door.

Makarov smiled. "We never do," he replied softly.

Back at Lucy's Apartment:

"Natsu, Porlyusica told you to take it easy!" Lucy fussed. "Go back and lay down and I'll bring you something to eat."

The Guild Hall had been alive with the sounds of celebration as Natsu was cleared to leave the clinic. The party had lasted way too long, as usual, and with Happy's help, Lucy had managed to get him back to her apartment before he fell over with exhaustion.

This morning, though, all his energy had returned and she had a hard time keeping him still.

"Yeah, Natsu!" replied Happy cheerfully. "Lucy and I are in charge! You have to listen to us!"

Natsu started to grumble, but then thought for a moment. "You mean I can lay in bed AND you'll serve me food? This might not be such a bad deal after all," he grinned to himself.

"DON'T get used to it!" Lucy warned in a threatening voice, but was glad her back was turned so he couldn't see her smile.

"Yeah!" Happy echoed. "I'll make sure he stays in bed, Lucy!"

"Thanks, Happy!"

"So I was really gone for six months?" questioned Lucy as she watched Natsu and Happy dig into the food, propped up in her bed. She winced as crumbs fell and stained her sheets. Oh well, she thought, I guess it's time to wash them anyway!

Natsu looked up from eating and looked at Happy. "Only six months? Seemed like longer." He grinned at her. "So glad you're back though!" He gave a wicked chuckle. "The things I have planned for tonight!"

"Um, Natsu? Don't you remember about taking things easy?" she nervously asked.

"Oh, we can work it out," he chuckled.

Happy covered his ears. "I do NOT want to know what you're talking about!"

"So how long was I out?" asked Natsu, scratching his head. " I mean, I remember taking on those jerks who said those things about Lucy." His eyes narrowed as he remembered. "They won't be doing much talking after I was finished with them!"

"Don't you remember, Natsu?" asked Happy. "You fought off all those guys, yeah, but after, you kinda crumpled to the ground. I mean, you kicked butt and all, but it's like once you stopped, all their attacks like hit you at once."

"It's called adrenaline," Lucy explained to the cat. "A lot of times we do things when our adrenaline is pumping - sometimes impossible things, like lifting heavy objects you can't normally lift - but once it's over, it's over."

"Oh." Both Happy and Natsu looked thoughtful for a moment.

"So when did you turn into a book nerd like Levy?" asked Happy, which remark was answered with a pillow thrown in his direction.

"Missed me!" he laughed, hovering in the air. "Not sure that training was worth all that time, Lucy!" he teased.

"Cat!" yelled Lucy threateningly.

"Yeah, so what are those new moves you learned?" asked Natsu, back to eating.

"You'll see next time we're in battle," grinned Lucy. "I might have a few surprises to show you!"

"Like that outfit you're wearing? Is it one of Virgo's?"

Lucy looked down at her now rumpled outfit. Well, she sighed inwardly, she HAD looked hot before it became all wrinkled and stretched by sleeping in it.

"It looked better before," she mumbled.

"I think it looks great now," Natsu said, putting his fork down on his empty plate. "In fact," he said, reaching over and drawing her to him, "I think you look great in just about everything, Luce. You look even better without any of it," he whispered seductively.

"Uh oh! I think it's getting a little too steamy for me in here! Think I'll head to the guild hall for awhile," Happy teased, fluttering to the window. "Leave the window open when all the dirty stuff is over! I'm too innocent for this!"

Natsu chuckled and closed the window after the exceed flew out.

"Natsu?" asked Lucy nervously. "You're supposed to take it easy. You said you were sore earlier..."

"Yeah, but I have a good idea about that. Wanna hear it?" He leaned over and started whispering in her ear - ideas that made Lucy's face go crimson, but hey, she was always willing to try new things, right?

THE END