Just Enjoy the Moment

Ugh! That only served to deepen her already pink cheeks. Not saying anything more, she chose to run up the steps instead of using the elevator. By the time she reached the third floor, her cheeks only glowed with exertion and not her hidden feelings.

"You look nice, Luce," Natsu said in what he hoped was a sincere tone, knowing the blonde mage sometimes took his words as some form of sarcasm. I mean, he wasn't Grey, right? He admired her blue and white dress she had changed into. He noticed she not only had her keys, which never left her side, but also a small brown bag on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Natsu," she said, surprised by the compliment. She noticed his eyes on her purse, and grinned. "I'm hoping one of these vendors might have some celestial keys for sale. Want to help me haggle?"

Natsu grinned. "Sure!" He pointed out a large pole ahead of them, lights adorning it like stars. "If we get separated, how about we plan on meeting at the pole? I think you can see it from just about anywhere around here!"

She was surprised at his forward thinking. Usually Natsu was an "in the moment" kinda guy. She nodded in agreement and was surprised when she felt his hand in hers.

"It's crowded. I wouldn't want to lose ya already!" he grinned innocently.

"S-Sure," she agreed. Thank goodness for the fading daylight so he couldn't see her blushing yet again!

After going to what Natsu felt was a million stalls, with Lucy having to stop and look at every item, she finally found what she wanted. As she haggled with the vendor about the silver key she wanted, he looked around to find what else there was to do besides shopping. His ears picked up on music and his nose picked up one of Lucy's favorite scents...chocolate.

Grinning proudly, Lucy placed her new key on the ring with the others. "I'll make a contract later," she said, more to herself than to Natsu. It wasn't a zodiac key, but like Pluu's key, it was one she would enjoy using.

"Oi, Luce, let's go check out that area over there. I think I smell something you'll like."

She followed Natsu, who was still holding her hand and let him lead her through the crowds until they reached an area that was roped off. Inside the roped off area, couples were dancing to the band that played on the gazebo next to a small park.

She felt herself swaying to the music and watched the dancers. She felt Natsu drop her hand and noticed his warmth fade as well. Even the simple touch of his hand, she mused, could warm her up with his fire dragon body.

"Want to dance, Lucy?" His voice tickled her ear and she wondered when he had gotten so close without her noticing. The cold draft vanished as his warmth once again filled her as he took her hand and led her to the dancing area.

"Natsu, I didn't know you could dance," she said, surprised when he grabbed her around the waist and started swaying to the music. She had half expected him to be clumsy and awkward, but instead he was doing a pretty smooth job!

"Yeah, it was one of those things Igneel made sure I knew." Because the mood was getting too serious for him, he joked, "Igneel always said it was a great way to sweep a girl off her feet!"

She groaned and rolled her eyes. Trust Natsu to spoil a romantic moment. The music slowed and she found her body gravitated itself closer to his body so that they were touching. Blushing, she tried to move back and create space in between them, but Natsu's hand on her back pushed her closer.

"Natsu," she began breathlessly, not sure what to say.

"Shh, Lucy, and just enjoy the moment," a very different Natsu whispered to her. With all the events of the day - the travel, packing, and client meeting - Lucy found herself stifling a yawn. She found her head drawn to Natsu's shoulder as they swayed in time to the music.

As if in a spell, the two danced, no words exchanged again, the two of them just enjoying the moment.

All too soon, the music stopped as the band took a break. Reluctantly, Lucy let her body separate from Natsu's. For a long moment, they just looked into each other's eyes. Lucy was ashamed to admit she was the first to look away. What if he saw in her eyes her true emotions? She was sure to him, this was just a fun time out with a buddy. Yeah, but does he dance with Happy like this? A little voice in her head whispered.

"So," Natsu began, awkwardly scratching the top of his head, "want to still go find that chocolate?"

"Sure," Lucy agreed, giving him a small smile.

"I can't believe they have chocolate covered fish!" Natsu mused as they looked over the selection at the nearby stall. "We'll have to get some for Happy. He'll never believe it!"

Lucy smiled. "Something tells me Erza's already found this place, but we'll get some for him anyway. Even if he had some with her, I bet our friend Happy will be more than glad to have more!"