7 - True Feelings

The janitors closet was dusty with cobwebs everywhere. The germaphobic me is screaming as my hand brushes up a piece of rotten cheese.

Jhope searches his bag and pulls out a mask. "Thanks," I cough as he puts it on me.

"This school is disgusting so I like to keep these close by," he sneezes due to excessive amount of dust. "Anyways, why did you bring me here?"

I clear my throat, "Now that they broke up or whatever, we can win them!" I clap my hands together excited. But I don't get a reaction from him. He just stares at me blankly.

"Hello? Hope?"

He blinks his eyes and looks at me, "Yeah?"

"You heard me right?" He slightly nods.

"Find Eunha and comfort her. There is nothing better than cheering up someone when their sad. Got it?" He doesn't reply but it seems like something is bothering him.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, sorry, I guess I'm just.... nervous," he scratches his neck. I pull him into a hug, "You can do this."

And for the first time in a while, he smiled.

---

Jungkook was still filled with annoyance. He was annoyed at how stupid Eunha was, how stupid he was, and how he still continued the relationship even though SinB warned him about who Eunha really is. He dug his nails into his scalp, groaning.

I found Jungkook at his locker, stuffing loose pieces of papers inside his backpack. "Hi Jungkook," I said timidly. 

He took a deep sigh, "Can you leave me alone? Geez, girls these days," He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, okay," I backed up flustered, "Sorry didn't mean to disturb you." As I was backing up, I bumped into Jhope. "SinB?" 

I didn't know why but tears started dripping down my face. "What happened?" I shook my head as he wiped them away. "C'mon." 

He led me to my house and gave me a bar of chocolate. We have gotten really close to point where he knows where my extra key is hidden. "I feel like this plan isn't going to work." I wailed.

He pulled me into him, giving me a tight hug while stroking my hair. "It's going to work, SinB."

"I'm sorry for creating this stupid plan. I should've known better," I cried into his shoulder. He suddenly took me by the arms and made me look at him. "SinB, you are a tough girl. You can't let this get to you. He's just a boy. You'll find many other boys out there. There is a whole world waiting for you to explore." 

"But I love him! My mind is being polluted by his presence. Now matter how much I try to get over him, I can't!" 

Jhope was in a dilemma; he could tell her his feelings or watch her disappear to another boy. It was either his happiness or hers. 

He took a deep breath, "I want you to go up to him tomorrow and talk. I want you to prove what a beautiful and amazing girl you are. You aren't just looks but your personality is lovable making people want to fall in l-" He cuts himself off. "Never mind but if he does anything to you, know that I am here for you." He smiles.

"Your happiness is what I care for," Even though I'll be heartbroken, he added in his mind. "I don't want you cry all day. When you're happy, I'm happy," He pulls me into another hug.

By the end, Jhope starts to cry as well. He let go of the girl he loved so easily which made his heart break. That small spark of happiness and hope left inside of him was gone. He wasn't Jhope anymore, he was just filled of nothing.

---

The next day I found Jungkook near the trash can outside. I slowly sat down next to him and patted his back trying to comfort him but it only resulted in him yelping in fright. "Oh, it's only you,"

"It's me," I gave him a faint-hearted smile, hoping to receive one as well but he didn't even glance my way. "I hope you're feeling better."

He lets out a slight laugh, "I wish, but that feeling hasn't hit me yet." He shifts closer to me. "You know, I didn't love-" He let's out a snort. "Scratch that, like Eunha. I love someone else."

"What do you mean, love?"

"Love is stronger than like, isn't it? My affection towards her is smaller than a needle." He rolls his eyes once again. "My affection towards this person is much greater than her and I would rather spend my life with her instead."

"And who is that person?"

Jungkook leans forward so that only our noses were between us, "It's you."

---

Jhope found Eunha crying in the corner of the wall near the cafeteria. He sat down next her, giving a tiny space between them. He hesitated at first but he rubbed her back, attempting to comfort her.

"Thanks Jhope," She said between her sniffles. He was stunned that she knew that it was him, or even his name.

"So, uh, you handling this..." he trails off, not sure what to say. Luckily Eunha knows exactly what he was trying to say.

"Could be better," she mumbles. "I just don't know what I did wrong."

Jhope remembers the lies SinB told Jungkook. He felt guilty even if he didn't do anything. He wanted to tell her the truth but something was blocking him. "Well, you could apologize?"

She lets out forced laugh, "He wouldn't care. Probably happy that I'm out of his life." She sighs.

Jhope bites his nail, "I'm not making you feel any better. In fact, probably making you feel worse." He stands up.

She grabs his arm and pleads, "Please stay. It's nice to have somebody next to me." Jhope can't refuse anything from a girl so he sits back down against his will.

She starts ranting and spilling everything about her relationship with Jungkook. The information she is giving to Jhope would be perfect to use to help SinB out but he wasn't paying attention at all to her midlife crisis. Honestly speaking, he didn't give a f**k about her. "Mhm."

He suddenly snaps out of it and puts on a bright smile. "You know what, you don't have to sit around and sulk all day about him. C'mon Eunha, put on a big smile."

Eunha giggles in his effort to cheer her up.

"That's the spirit!" He scans the hallway, his eyes falling on a familiar figure. "Look, Jungkook there. I want you to go up to him and apologize for whatever you might have done." He grabs Eunha's hand and pulls her up.

"You can do th–" he stops mid sentence . Jungkook wasn't alone nor was he with his friend. He was with SinB. And they were walking hand in hand.

•••

I'm sorry if this book is boring  but y'all better watch cause Sumji is gonna wreck our entire lives ;)