vi. their revenge

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY SAT ON ONE OFTHE BEDS, HER HEAD HUNG IN HER HANDS. It was hard to wrap her head around. She was trapped in a dorm room with forty-seven delinquents, and it could be her fault if they all died. She looked up slowly when she heard footsteps in front of her, seeing Monty stand with his hands in his pockets. Riley shakily clasped her hands together.

"I just have to know," Monty started, his voice quiet. "Did you know?"

The words stung a little bit, that he wasn't fully trusting her, but Riley knew he had to be sure to protect his people. "I'm as much as a prisoner here as you are," she responded, honestly. "I was supposed to meet Maya and Bellamy and figure out how to get you all out. I swear," she promised.

Monty's expression did show he believed Riley, but before he could respond, there was another buzz and a red light before the doors swung open. Riley quickly stood up from the bed, swinging around it. Her eyes narrowed in hatred when seeing Dr. Tsing leading a few guards into the room, all holding weapons.

"Back up, everyone!" The guards shouted, warning the moving teenagers. "Back up. Move! Off to the sides, get back!" In fear, they all complied, even Riley, who had her back pressed against a metal bunk bed.

One of the guards reached out, and attempted to grab Harper. She began to cry, shouting no, and slapping his hands off her. "Hey, get off her!" Riley shouted in anger, grabbing his arm and trying to pull him off in one quick action.

Before the guard could hurt either Harper or Riley, Dr. Tsing interrupted him from doing so. "No, not her," she protested. "She needs more time to recover." Reluctantly, the guard let Harper go and ripped his arm out of Riley's grip. Riley put one arm in front of Harper as if to shield her from anymore threats, watching silently as Dr. Tsing's gaze moved from each one until they settled on a boy with blonde hair. "This one," she decided.

"No, wait!" The delinquent pleaded as two guards stepped forward, each grabbing an arm. "Wait, no, please!" He shouted in fear as they dragged him out of the room, the other guards putting their arms spread out from keeping the large group of teenagers from fighting back to save him.

"Stop!" Jasper shouted, angry, and pushing past a guard. "You can't keep doing this to us!" He exclaimed, eyes wide and wild. "President Wallace said we could go."

Dr. Tsing clicked her tongue and shook her head, stepping closer to Jasper. The guards began backing up, behind her and back towards the doors in a line as she spoke. "That President Wallace is no longer in command," she spoke. "He had to step down for health reasons."

Riley curled her lip, shaking her head and tightening her hands into fists at her sides. She was sure she would start trembling from the anger. Only if the President was on his death bed would he have to step down, and she's seen him hours before, perfectly fine and healthy. Dr. Tsing was lying and felt no guilt for following Cage's orders. "Liar," she spat out.