xviii. screwed up

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY COULDN'T BARE BEING IN ARKADIA WHERE A MEMORIAL WAS BEING HELD FOR THOSE WHO DIED IN THE EXPLOSION. This was the second time a group of people died and she had lived. She wanted to say goodbye, and wish them luck on their journey to wherever they had after death. They were preparing for it inside, which meant Riley was outside, wandering down the short path. She wanted to write what happened only yesterday, but couldn't. Every time she wrote a word, she'd scribble it out, unable to put the story into an entry. Now, she just needed fresh air.

However, wanting fresh air couldn't come with a moment of peace. When she turned her head at the sound of someone shouting, she saw Monty attempting to pull Jasper back. Jasper had on what looked like a heavy backpack and was heading towards the gate. Riley sighed to herself before rushing over to them, tearing across the grass. "Dude, what's wrong?" She asked once she was close enough to hear Jasper shout for Monty to get away from him.

"He's not going to the memorial," Monty answered for him, upset. Riley frowned, knowing she wasn't attending either, but Jasper looked as if he was leaving. But the camp was in lockdown, so he shouldn't be.

"It's a little late for a Mount Weather memorial, don't you think?" Jasper snapped back, startling Riley, but she was quickly brought back, ready to argue with him again before a loud announcement blared out from Arkadia with an alarm following after. Riley watched as guards, and Octavia, raced past the three to the front gates where a bunch of ill looking grounders stood.

Seeing an opportunity to leave at the scuffle, Jasper quietly slipped away from the two. Hearing him, Riley turned her head, seeing him go to a secluded part of the wall built up and nudged Monty's shoulder to motion to his best friend taking off. They exchanged a certain look before following, quiet, and leaving the grounders to Arkadia.

When the pair caught up to Jasper, he was using a tool to cut open a portion of the gate skillfully. Monty runned up to him in a jog, Riley behind him. "Jasper, camp's in lockdown, what are you doing?" He asked.

Refusing to answer or even meet Monty's eye, Jasper spoke in a low and bitter voice. "Go to your memorial, Monty," he demanded, ignoring Riley's presence.

"Maybe I will," Monty shot back stubbornly.

"Maybe you should," Jasper retorted.

"Fine," Monty stated.

Finally, Jasper finished cutting open the panel. He swung it aside, enough space for his body to fit through before he gave them a satisfied smile. Riley watched as he crawled through, ready to leave them behind. Monty stopped, mulling over what to do before looking over at Riley. "Are you.." He trailed off, motioning to the traveling friend they had.

Riley looked through the hole, seeing Jasper stalk away, before nodding. "Yeah," she answered. "Let's go make sure he's okay." Monty nodded in agreement and let Riley step out of the open hole first before following after, both ready to track down their friend. Regardless if Jasper was irritating, they both cared for him and wanted him to be alright.