xxviii. i'm sorry

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

'Mount Weather was founded in 1959. On May 10th, 2052, nuclear bombs were launched, only 93 years later. Everyone thought it was because of the country, China, and a war with them. Now, we know that's not true. The first commander, Becca, was a genius who created an AI named ALIE that had caused the nuclear apocalypse because she thought there was one thing wrong with the world.

Too many people.

She took care of that problem. But now, she has arose again, and we have to stop her with the Flame; ALIE 2.0. The chips created, inspired by this, would merge with a human mind and make them all into one, under her command. Becca put the first Flame inside herself after altering her genes, so her body wouldn't reject the implant, making her blood black, and the first true commander. "Bekka Pramheda." A nightblood, something that became hereditary.

With all the nightbloods around here dead, there is only one far enough away that lives. And to put a stop to ALIE 1, only she can tell us with the Flame how to stop her with ALIE 2. This is how we save the world; again?'

"I'm sorry, am I speaking too fast for you?" Raven spoke up, nudging Riley's leg with her foot in a joking manner.

Stopping her quick scribbling, Riley glanced upwards and shut her book. "No," she responded. "I think I got it all." This was something new. It was the biggest, whatever it was, that she's ever faced. Fighting against Pike was one thing. It wasn't something that would be legendary and passed down into stories. This was something new, it was the explanation as to everything that had ever gone wrong in the world. If ALIE was still around, they had to stop her.

Riley figured she was done, and put her stubbed pencil and thin book away, back safely in her jacket where they always were. She leaned back, pressing her back against the rumbling rover in between Raven and Monty as they neared Arkadia. All they needed was Lincoln's book, so they could find Luna and put a stop to ALIE.

"Eyes sharp," Bellamy announced from where he was behind the wheel. "Weapons high. We're almost home." Riley was tired of using weapons, but he was right. After seeing how Raven reacted to the chip, there could be more waiting for them. She had carried around a handgun around everywhere since the incident when Azgeda after the first time she left Arkadia, but left it in her holster. Bellamy lifted the radio, keeping his eyes focused as to not crash. "Miller, come in."

Miller didn't respond. Him, his boyfriend Bryan, and Harper had been left behind at the cave until they were given the signal to follow them to Arkadia. They should still be there, Riley thought to herself, leaning forward. The radio speaker didn't fill with a voice, only a crackling silence. "Harper, you there?" Bellamy asked next, but the same silence was the only response.