Stellett angst

A/N: Yes, I know, I'm evil. I just felt like writing some angst. I was actually writing a story on a mass murder in a circus, and then I thought of this, so here we are. I don't know why, but I love hurting my daughter. "Enjoy" this angst-ridden trash. Just for clarification: Scarlett = assistent 1, Rebecca = assistent 2, Arthur = magician, and Chip = the clown. That's all! -E

"No, no. Stella, listen. This is nothing but relationship drama, and I don't want to have anything to do with that. NEXT!" the ringmaster spoke, only barely keeping his mind on Stella, and looking at some documents. "Hell no!" Stella angrily exclaimed, grabbing the documents. "You don't understand. Have you seen him throw a knife? I'd be dead if I got on that blood machine!" The ringmaster sighed. "Enough. You're doing the act. NEXT!" "Please? I don't want to die!" Stella begged, tears filling her eyes. "Hey, 'Ella, it's going to be okay," a reassuring voice spoke. Stella turned around to see Scarlett standing there, and she smiled. "Do it for me?" Stella nodded. "Just because it's for you." "Now, SIR, will you come and see if the act is okay? Invite more people, this is going to be interesting."

Stella paced towards her, soon to be ex, husband's room, and said: "Fine. I'll get on your stupid wheel." Lorenzo looked at her with hope in his eyes. "Really? So you forgive me?" Stella nodded. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." She walked towards the wheel, tore the life-sized doll off, and stood in front of it, waiting. The ringmaster walked in, with a string of artists behind him. "Will you strap me on this wheel?" Stella asked. The ringmaster secured the ties, and the wheel started spinning.

Lorenzo rubbed his hands together, and Stella became increasingly nervous. She tried to hide it, however, and she smiled at Lorenzo, trying to get him to get it over with. He finally grabbed his knives, three at a time, and he threw them with confidence. The confidence boost didn't help, though, as he hit Stella in her stomach, between her ribs, and in her arm. She screamed heartwrenchingly, and everyone rushed to do something. "SOMEONE CALL 911!" the ringmaster shouted, getting bandages to stifle the bleeding. Lorenzo got out his phone, and someone answered immedately.

"911, what's your emerency?" "My wife's been stabbed, please help!" "Okay, sir, please stay calm. Where are you right now?" "Tolentino circus, in Chicago." "An ambulance in on its way." Scarlett ran to the spinning wheel, stopping it and pulling the knives out of her body. She stroked Stella's pale face, tears running down her cheeks. "No, no," she sobbed. Arthur and Rebecca stood behind her, Arthur consoling her and Rebecca helping the ringmaster stifle the wound.

Faint sirens could be heard, and an ambulance entered the territory. "The ambulance is here, sir, where exactly is she?" "The second trailer to the left, it's red." Two women in yellow stormed in, with a stretcher, putting Stella on it. "Who was her husband?" "Me." "Wait, wait, what about me?" Scarlett asked, rushing over to the hospital employees. "I'm sorry, only family. Friends can still visit." Rebecca appeared behind Scarlett. "I'll drive you. Where are you taking her?" "Northwestern Memorial Hospital."

Things happening around her seemed non-existent to Scarlett when she was on her way to the hospital. Rebecca's careful driving annoyed her to no end, because she wanted to get to Stella as quickly as possible. "Would you hurry?" she snapped. "Okay, okay," Rebecca responded, only increasing the speed slightly. After a miserable car drive, they arrived at the hospital. Scarlett opened the door, and stormed out of the car, rushing a quick "thanks". "Stella Lohst?" "Room 218."

Scarlett hurried up the stairs, and finally arrived at the room, entering it carefully but hastily. She sat by her bed, listening to the heartbreaking sound of the monitor. "It's sad, huh?" Lorenzo spoke. Scarlett turned around to see only Lorenzo and the clown sitting there, the clown only present to console Lorenzo. "Of course." A quick look at Lorenzo's eyes betrayed his real feelings. He was calm. At peace. Glad to have her off his hands. The calmth didn't last long, though, as Stella opened her eyes.

"S-scarlett," Stella's trembling voice spoke. "Y-you're here!" Stella sounded weak, but glad. "I'm here too!" the clown exclaimed. "I know, Chip," Stella whispered with a smile, kind in her last moments. "And me," Lorenzo said. "I hope you fucking die," Stella snapped softly, losing the "kindness" she had. Scarlett held Stella's frail hand, a tear dropping on it. "Scarlett, my love, I'm so glad you came." "Trust me, I'd live in regret if I wasn't here right now." Stella smiled, light quickly fading from her eyes. "Love, I can't stay any more." Scarlett gasped. "No, no, you're gonna make it, I promise!" Stella shook her head, softly crying. "It's okay, honey. It's all okay. My life was enough, because you were there. I love you." And with that, her eyes closed and the heart monitor registered a single line.

Stella Neptune Lohst neé Sallow was dead and there was only one person left to mourn her.