Turning

A/N: this play/book is a dead meme honestly. Anyway, I wanted to continue the Teen AU first, but then I got this idea and I was just like "yknow, might as well". I couldn't think of a title, sorry fam. Lastly, they are best friends fuckin fight me -E

It's nothing new, Chip knows. But there's something about the screaming, crying, and stomping that confuses him. They clearly didn't love each other, so why were they still together, even after all of their fights? 5 years, as far as Chip knows. He watches as Stella storms off again, off to Scarlett's trailer, he thinks. Chip has done this a million times before, so he knows what he'll find. Lorenzo sitting on an old stool, eating a rotten banana. "If it's rotten, that means there's more alcohol in it. Bastard won't even admit he's addicted." That's what Stella told him once, but he still doesn't understand what that means.

Chip enters, and Lorenzo looks up at him, pure annoyance lingering in his eyes. "Mister Lohst! Are you okay? What happened?" "I don't know what I did, Chip! I only said that..." Lorenzo continues ranting about how much of a bitch his wife is, when a thought dawns on Chip. Why does he keep going to Lorenzo? He never heard Stella's side, and even though he tried to convince himself she could go to Scarlett, he always saw her crying alone, with no one to comfort her. He never dared to be there for her, in fear of losing Lorenzo. But was Lorenzo someone worth keeping? Chip can't tell anymore. She's probably outside crying now, Chip realizes. "Sorry, mister Lohst, but I have to leave."

The words fly from Chip's mouth, and he knows he can't go back now. He runs, as fast as he can, and finds Stella on the field. Everyone could see her cry, and no one did anything. As he comes closer, he realizes she's shaking. She's hyperventilating. Her leg is bleeding. Chip stares in shock, while he approaches her. She hears him, and turns around, already frantically wiping her bloodshot eyes.

"C-Chip? W-w-what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Lo-" Chip interrupts her by pulling her into a tight hug, and Stella starts sobbing again, her whole body convulsing heavily. "Shh, it's okay, Stella, it's alright... What happened to your leg?" He lowers his voice at the last sentence. Stella manages to get out a small: "the k-nife..." and Chip just hugs her tighter. "Why are you still with him..?" "What else can I do?"

Stella's voice grows noticeably more bitter. "All I can be is a miserable wife and a reluctant assistant... besides, I'm scared for him.. what would he do to me if I left him?" "I'll talk to him if you want. Just promise me that, one day, as soon as you can, you'll leave him." Stella just nods weakly. "Thank you..." Chip does talk to him. And from that moment, Stella won the arguments, because she knew that she had people supporting and loving her.

The day came. Chip goes to Lorenzo's, like he and Stella eventually agreed. Expecting nothing more than Lorenzo being pissed because he lost, again, he is ecstatic to find Stella's ring laying on the ground. He goes to find Stella, to congratulate her, but she's not outside crying. In the evening, he finds her, finally being where she belonged. In Scarlett's trailer.