.-.

A/N: ...this is called Stars. It's short, and it's a mess, but it's fluffy, which is all I needed.

Stella always loved travelling. Stella always loved the night. Well, "always". When the circus came along, and she was stuck with a job she hated and a loveless marriage, she started hating the night and travelling. Every night, they travelled in that train, those damn trailers pulled behind it. Her room was stuffy, and yet she was cold all the time. Every night was a sleepless one, when she sat on her bed, crying and looking at the cloudy sky that was way too light, frightened and alone. 

Fast forward a few years, and Stella finds herself on the deck of a cruise ship, stargazing with the love of her life, she realizes she might not hate the night anymore. She sits on a wooden bench, curled up into Scarlett. Stella's mouth tastes like fruit cocktails, cheap lip gloss and Napoleon sweets, and she smiles. Her vision's already blurry when Scarlett nudges her with her elbow. "Babe, look, a shooting star! Make a wish." Stella looks over into Scarlett's glittering eyes, and it's like the first time they met. "I already have it all. What is there to wish for?" "Well, we don't have a pony." 

Stella laughs, and looks at the dark sky, dizzy from the alcohol. God, she's gonna hate herself the next morning. But at least there was love, even if it's imperfect. And really, Stella knew, that's all that matters.