Chapter One

Happiness. The one thing I miss. My mother took that with her. My father didn't want to try to mend me. I guess that's why it was so hard for me in the beginning.

I had always been homeschooled, depriving me of friends and almost any social interaction apart from the photoshoots my father forced me into.  As you can guess, I was excited to finally be going to a public school where I'd be more than just a pretty face on a poster.

  "Adrien, your father would like to talk to you." Natalie, my father's secretary said while lightly tapping on the door to my room.

"Alright." I answered, pulling on one of my father's designs before walking towards his office.

I held my breath, preparing myself for the angry voice of my father. I was just a model to him, the image of his company. He was more of a strict boss than a father figure.

"Come in Adrien." He called, his voice coming out irritated.

I sighed, twisting the gold door knob,  and pulling the white door towards my thin frame. I automatically straighted my back, programmed like a robot to always hold perfect posture around my father. 

"Sir." I breathed,  the word coming out more venomous than I meant. I've never been good at acting like he isn't bothering me.

"What's this I hear about going to a public school?!" He hissed, his voice even angrier than mine. His hand slammed on top of the expensive wooden desk.

"Sir, I can't stay couped..." He held his hand up,  silencing me. My mouth clamped shut begrudgingly.

"No son of mine will go to a public school. You are the successor of my company Adrien, and I will not let the time you could spend on learning skills for the Agreste company to go wasted on regular schooling that you don't even need." He said, dismissing me right afterward.

I nodded my head in understanding before running back to my room with tears in my eyes. All I wanted was a normal life. I didn't want to run the Agreste fashion company, and I didn't want to be babied anymore.

I rubbed my eyes, forcing the sea of tears back as I thought of a plan. I snuck out of my stadium-like room, and ran to the laundry room. The maids had gone home for the night so I could easily sneak about ten sheets back to my room.

I worked hard for the next hour on my plan. I tied the sheets together and made sure they were tied tight. I set an early alarm on my phone, and pulled out my messenger bag that I had from the last back-to-school photo shoot.

After taking a shower, and making sure I had a couple granola bars,  I was finally ready for my first day of real school.

~•~

My alarm went off, pulling me out of my dreamless sleep. I turned it off quickly, not wanting any of the maids to hear.

I tied the end of my sheet rope to my foosball table, making sure it was secure before I quickly got dressed, ate, and did my hair.

Fearing how much time I had left, I pushed open my window, throwing the rope out, and shimmying down.

Landing on the ground,  I was off running. I dodged the early bird citizens that we're already out and about today.

I saw the school tower over me, the warning bell echoing throughout Paris already. My heart raced,  pumping adrenaline through my veins. I checked the busy road for traffic before running across, a smile stretching across my face.