Chapter Thirteen

My heart froze, stopping in my chest. He fell and I couldn't move. Hawkmoth screamed, his voice pulling me out of my trance.

"Y-you killed him! The father of my children, your son! You killed him!" I yelled, falling onto my knees and crawling over to the once lively body at my feet.

"Marinette, you have to get Hawkmoth!" Alya yelled, using the shock to restrain Chloe.

Alya was right. I couldn't let my love die in vein. I got up, my yoyo clutched in my hand. Anger boiled within me, causing me to launch at the sobbing Hawkmoth. I wrapped my hands around his throat, blocking his oxygen. He squirmed, still sobbing.

"Die you piece of shit! I can't allow you to hurt him or his children anymore! I'm going to rip you to pieces!" I yelled, one hand still on his throat and the other pounding at his face with my yoyo.

"Marinette!" A voice said, pulling me off Gabriel's body. I thrashed, wanting to kill him. The person held on tightly, keeping a grip on my armpits.

"Let me kill him! For Adrien, please!" I cried, slowly loosing hope. I slowly stopped, watching as the heartbroken father sat up and curled into a ball.

"Nooroo, dark wings fall." He said. He reached up, pulling the small Kwami into his chest and crying as the creature hugged back.

"It's okay master." Nooroo said, his voice soothing and caring despite what Hawkmoth put him through.

"I'm so sorry. I thought I was bringing the family together again... Not tearing it apart." Gabriel pulled off his miraculous.

"What are you..?"

He put the jewel in my hands, walking in the direction of the police with his hands up. I watched as he gave himself up, and as the Akuma flew off, purified as it's creator was done.

"Marinette, take care of my son" Those were the last words I hear from that man until the trial.

~•~

It had been a week.

Hawkmoth was given life for his crimes. I gladly hid the moth miraculous away in its box. And all was calm once again.

For the most part.

Everyday was hell. My lover, friend, and partner was gone, taken from me by his own father. Each time the babies kicked I cried, knowing my children would grow up without their father who loved them to pieces.

Adrien's mother, who had pulled me off Hawkmoth, had been checking in on me a lot. She was mourning too, her only child was taken from her.

"Marinette, you need to eat. You're feeding not only yourself but two babies." Alya was rubbing my back, her worry pushing through her words despite how much she tried to hide it.

I wanted to eat, I wanted to keep my babies alive but Adrien stopped me. How could I go on without him? How would I be able to raise our children without him? Much less guard the miraculous.

"Alya, what's the point without him?" I asked, tears starting to make their way down my cheeks for the billionth time. She sighed, a sad look on her face.