Chapter Ten

~Adrien's POV~

I followed Natalie as she lead me away from the room. I was annoyed to say the least. I wanted to be with my love and our unborn child, not talking to whoever it was that wanted to speak to me.

"Your 17th birthday is coming up Adrien, don't forget." Natalie said, writing something on her tablet as we walked. I nodded, not really paying attention to what she was saying.

"Where is this person who wants to talk to me?" I asked, noticing we were walking a pretty long distance. She didn't answer, only stopping at a hospital room door and knocking lightly.

"Come in." A female voice called. Even though the voice was muffled by the door, I could still tell how weak it was.

Natalie opened the door, revealing a woman. She looked to be in her mid 30s, she had wisdom it seemed, but her skin was still fair and young. She had bright green eyes and long, blonde hair that was a tangled mess. My eyes widened.

"Adrien. My sweet boy." The woman started crying, opening her arms wide for me to embrace her. I ran to my mother, wrapping my arms around her like my life depended on it.

"Mommy..." I whispered, burying my head into her neck. She shushed me comfortingly, rubbing circles on my back with her palm.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you, love. I had to keep my miraculous from your father. He was becoming corrupt." She said, causing me to pull back.

"You have a miraculous?" I asked, my face full of confusion. She nodded, pulling a hair pin out of her hair. It was in the shape of a peacock.

"I put a decoy in your father's safe. I had it special made to be identical to the real miraculous." She said, putting the pin back in her messed up hair. A small kwami flew out from behind the hospital bed. It was very similar to a peacock, resembling one quite uncannily.

"Duusu, it's been awhile." Plagg said, coming out of my bag. My mother smiled, brushing hair out of my eyes.

"You've grown up so much. I'm so proud of you Adrien." She said. I wasn't alone.

"Mom, I have someone who would like to meet you. She can't come to your room though so can you come with me to her's?" I asked, my mother nodding as she called for a nurse to bring her a wheelchair.

"How did you get in here mom?" I asked, curiosity taking over. She sighed, brushing a stray hair behind her ear so she could look at me.

"I was in a car accident last night. I was speeding to get back and check on you and I managed to hit another car. Everyone's fine though, just a couple scratches. The doctors wanted to make sure we were okay." She said, a reassuring smile on her lips.

"Here you are Ms. Agreste." The nurse said as he helped her into the wheel chair. I thanked him, wheeling my mother to Marinette's room after.

Natalie followed behind us, a smile on her face. I was smiling as well, happy to have my mother back.

"Mari, I have someone you would like to meet." I called through the door, hearing a 'come in' seconds later.

"Hey kitty, who would you like me to meet?" Marinette asked with a smile. I wheeled my mother in, seeing Marinette gasp in surprise. Marinette had seen my mother in photos, and like everyone else, assumed her to be dead. I really didn't blame her though, I did too.

"Mrs. Agreste, it's an honor! I would shake your hand but Adrien would kill me if I tried to move. He's still scared that I might hurt the baby." Marinette introduced herself, causing my mother's face to light up at the mention of a baby.

"You're pregnant?! Adrien's the father right? What are you going to name him or her? You two are so young, why didn't you use protection?!" My mother shouted. I laughed, walking over to kiss Marinette's head in my own greeting. She giggled at my mother's silliness.

"Mrs. Agreste, I am pregnant, Adrien is the father, and we were thinking Emma for a girl and Hugo or Louis for a boy." Marinette answered all the questions, her smile never once breaking.

My mother seemed happy, a smile on her own lips. She looked to me then to Marinette with pride.

"You two are absolutely perfect for each other. You both act just like Gabriel and I used to." My mother said, tears pricking with tears.

I pulled away from Marinette, pulling my mother into a hug when I got to her. I cried into her shoulder, guilt eating at me as I thought of when I killed my father.

"Adrien, you didn't kill him. You killed Hawkmoth. You didn't know at the time." Marinette said, her voice caring and she sent sympathy my way.

"You're father could've killed many people Adrien, you did the right thing." My mother whispered, her voice slightly cracking as she spoke through the tears.

"You both are right, it's time to start moving on. I have a baby on the way, and a company to run." I said, pulling away from my mother and going back to Marinette.

I rubbed circles on Marinette's stomach. It was still flat since the baby was only a few weeks along, but it made me feel better. I lightly pecked the stomach, whispering promises to my unborn child.

~•~

It had been about two months since then. Marinette's stomach was getting plumper. She was starting to show and I thought it was adorable.

"Marinette, you could hurt yourself, let me get it sweetie." Marinette's mother said. Mari was trying to get a glass of water.

"Mrs. Dupain-cheng, I'll get it. Make sure she stays." I said, getting up to get the glass.

"Adrien, I'm not delicate! It's good to move around and exercise while pregnant!" Marinette protested.

"Well you are very clumsy." I said, ending the conversation there. She crossed her arms and pouted. I rolled my eyes, pulling ice in the cup. I filled the cup with water and handed it to my princess.

She drank it, still mad at me for not letting her get things herself. I pulled her into me, breathing in her scent.

"LADYBUG!" A voice screamed outside. Marinette and I looked to each other confused. There shouldn't be any akumatized victims.

A person slammed into the window, from a glance I could only see yellow before the person disappeared. Then a knock was heard on the door. I transformed, getting in a purrtective position in front of my lady.

The door bust down, revealing a girl in a bee themed suit. She stood confidently.

"Have no fear, Queen Bee is here!" The person cried, de-transforming herself.

"Chloe?!"