Chapter Seven

Trailer linked above made by Dredge116 isn't it amazing??

August 8th, 2016.

Cape Cod.

Harwich Port.

**

"Are you coming or not Baby Wilson?" Wes yelled from where he was in his jeep.

"Where are we going?" I asked standing on the porch of our beach house. Everyone from Fairweather had a summer house. Most of us went somewhere in the Cape. Wesley was my neighbor down there although I'd never hung out with him before that summer. Usually, he would hang out with Jack and the other boys.

Not that summer.

Wesley and I had been hanging out almost every day since both of our families had come up to the beach after the Fourth of July. It annoyed Jack to no end to find out that one of his best guy friends was now hanging out with his baby sister.

"What. Are we stealing friends now? Can I date one of your friends?" Jack would ask, pissed off when he realized Wes was here for me not him.

In a weird bitchy way, it made me feel good, powerful. I was finally the sibling everyone wanted to hang out with. I was finally the girl everyone wanted to hang out with. Word had spread that I was hanging around with Wes and Liv's gang; suddenly everyone was texting me asking to hang out. Like we were friends. Like I was the girl people wanted to be. I was becoming the girl I always wanted to be. It was kind of terrifying that people wanted to know everything about me.

"Just get in and you'll find out," Wes smirked, amused at my hesitant nature. 

As an introvert, all I wanted to do was stay home on my computer and watch Netflix, but something about Wesley excited me. Wesley made me want to be adventurous.

Everything about Wes put me at ease. Wes put everyone at ease. He had something about him that fascinated people, he could talk about polar bears and how much he loves how soft they were and people could listen for hours.

I got in the car and turned towards Wesley.

"So what are we doing?"

Wesley turned towards me and smirked, "I am not telling you that Harley it's a surprise."

"Oh, it's a surprise?" I asked leaning towards him.

"Yup."

"You don't know what we're doing do you?" I gasped bouncing in my seat as Wesley clenched his jaw side eyeing me.

"I know where we're going."

"Oh? Where are we going then, Owens?" I snipped at him grinning as he squirmed.

"Liv really has corrupted you in such short time hasn't she?" He asked pulling into a parking lot, changing the subject.

"Maybe I just needed a little shove to become the bitch I was meant to be. Is that a beach? Why is no one here this is kind of creepy Wes," I whined glancing around us at the weeds poking through the cracked pavement and the beach with no one on it. It was more than a little creepy being there.

"It's an abandoned part of the beach, no one comes here but me," Wes replied grabbing a bag out of the backseat and swinging his door open. He glanced over and noticed the apprehension on my face, "You can stay in the car if you want but I'm going."

I watched Wes walk away from me towards the beach before I changed my mind and ran after him, flip-flops slapping against the uneven pavement until I reached Wes. He turned towards me and smiled.