Chapter Fifteen

April 18th, 2017.

Harley's House.

I paced around my room sneaking glances at Liv's phone as if it was going to come to life and attack me. I wanted to go through it, I had for the past few days but I couldn't. Not by myself. I had texted Patrick earlier to come over, I didn't tell him I had the phone I knew he'd be mad at me. I try to breathe, in and out, in and out, but it gets harder to breathe the more anxious I get.

I paced around for another few minutes before I heard the doorbell ring. A look out the window confirmed it was Patrick and I ran downstairs to grab him.

"What's–" Patrick asked as I dragged him upstairs into my room closing the door.

"I have Liv's phone," I burst out, gauging his reaction. Patrick raised his eyebrows at me and backed away

"Harley, you. did. not."

"I did."

"That's illegal Harley, you could get in huge trouble if you get caught."

"I'm not getting caught they think it's in the lake and the stream caught it or something. Don't you want answers, Patrick? Don't you want to know what happened? Don't you want to know if Wes did it? Why he did it?" I asked words rushing out, on the edge of hysteria.

He squirmed looking at me, I could tell he was holding something in, Patrick could never hold secrets.

"What?" I asked him

"Nothing, fine let's go through it," He said sitting down on my bed. He pat the spot next to him, eyebrow quirked, "Are we doing this?"

I crossed my room and plopped down next to him taking a deep breath before putting in Liv's password.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Patrick asked me as I clicked on messages. I looked up at him and nodded.

"I'm sure."

**

Wes: What's the answer to ten for math?

Liv: 10a+ 3

Liv: How come you never give me the answers?

Wes: Bc you like giving me the answers?

Wes: Will come over and help me with the rest?

Liv: Aren't you supposed to miss Harley?

Wes: Yeah but I need to finish this or I can't play in the game

Liv: can't Harley help?

Wes: she's a junior.

Liv: Fine. Give me ten.

**

Wes: That was a mistake.

Wes: We shouldn't have done that Liv.

Liv: It wasn't a mistake.

Wes: Yes it was.

Liv: Then why didn't you stop me?

Liv: You wanted it.

**

Wes: We've really got to stop