Chapter Twenty

The Last Chapter.

November 16th, 2018

Wesley Owens sentenced to life in prison in the murder of Olivia Parker

Ask me before and I'd say I was invincible. We all would. Nothing happens out here. Everyone knows everyone, we all grew up together. Pushing each other around on the playground, passing notes in class hoping the teacher wouldn't see. It starts out innocent, like we were, but takes a darker turn soon enough. We all knew each other at parties, knew each other when we tried our first rebellious sip of alcohol, hooked up for the first time. Good girls turned bad and bad girls turned worse. Boys went from pushing girls on the playground to pushing girls to say yes. We all knew each other when we hid things from our parents. The lies, drugs, alcohol coursing through our bodies. We all knew each other and that made it worse. Because it turned out we hadn't known each other. We couldn't have or someone would have done something before it was too late.

According to official reports, the incident happened at the lake behind Chase Greens house.

The story everyone knows is the same: The seniors went celebrating the lacrosse team's victory. Wesley Owens, leading the team to victory. The party wasn't anything different than the parties thrown every other weekend, at least it hadn't started that way. A group of teenagers, including Wesley Owens and Olivia Parker, sat dangling their legs over the bridge on the lake away from the party happening in the house.

Sometime after midnight the rest of the group, sans Wesley and Olivia, had gone back inside. An hour or so later, now ready to go home, the group had gone back outside to get them. Instead, what they found horrified them.

They found Wesley sitting silently on the bridge, still drinking the remnants of a beer, blood spattered all over his jersey. A few seconds later with help from their phones flashlights, they would notice Olivia Parker's lifeless body, lying facedown in the lake covered in blood.

The whole town believed the media reports and the police reports chalking it down to Wesley Owens stepping off the deep end, which no one saw coming.

Not in this town, Nothing bad ever happens in Fairweather.

The real story was that I made him kill her.

I was the one that convinced him to grab the knife and drag it across her skin.

Pale flesh, gaping wound exposed. 

A bashed in skull.

It was her fault for being such a bitch.

Bitches get stitches.

No one seemed to care about me when Liv died. 

Everyone portrayed Olivia as some sort of saint which she wasn't. The tragic golden girl, taken too soon. She wasn't a golden girl, she wasn't a saint. She was a bitch. Maybe not to me or our friends but to others? Bitch. 

Bitch. Bitch. Bitch.

That night when the police interrogated me I lied. They asked if I knew if Olivia and Wesley were in a fight or if I knew what had happened or why Wesley did it or if he did it. I lied and said I didn't know and now they know. 

They weren't supposed to know.

Who did it? Who planned it?

I did.

I didn't regret it.

Until Wesley fucked it all up.

I was supposed to stay innocent. Stay perfect.

He ruined it.

Got me put on trial.

I loved him.

I loved him I loved him I loved him.

He loved her.

Dying set me free.

From the pain of it all.

I did it.

I killed Olivia Parker.

**

UMMMMM THE END FRIENDS WHAT A WILD WILD RIDE. 

This has been an amazing experience to have- especially on my first ever book! I am so glad so many of you love this book and support me. 

A lot of you have PMed me and asked why this book is short and confusing and I understand.

The goal for this book was to publish it as confusing as possible while still giving away information and telling a story. This was supposed to be short snippets of a story. I've always had every intention to make this story as open-ended as possible so that you, the reader, could imagine what else happened along the way. 

That being said... This is only a VERY ROUGH first draft. I do have intentions to fully flesh out this story and make it a full-on novel. The novel might not come for a while but for now please please enjoy my first book baby, it was such an amazing experience to write this book and I am so glad so many of you have enjoyed this story!

Also, my new book baby is now published here on wattpad. My new book is All Fall Down, it's another murder mystery! It's about a group of the hottest celebrities and their dirty dirty secrets along the way. It is honestly my favorite thing I have written and I hope that you all love it as much as I do!

Thank you all again for this amazing journey, I love you all!