Chapter Sixteen

September 5th, 2018

Twelve Days Before Trial.

In the past few months, lawyers had prepped all of us on how to act and what to say when we finally get into court. Smile, speak with emotion, tell the truth.

Tell the truth.

How could we possibly tell the truth when it was so skewed?

When it could hurt us.

Was it really Wesley? 

Lies, deceit, blurred lines, pain.

So much pain.

And Liv caused all of it. 

Maybe some of the trolls online were right– maybe Liv was getting what she deserved. She was dead. She hurt us, she hurt me.

She lied.

It was her way to survive, she couldn't tell the truth.

None of us could.

Everything was one big lie with her.

I needed answers and Liv was gone, the next best thing was Wesley.

**

In hindsight, going to jail to talk to Wesley was a bad idea. A horrible one.

Wesley had been in jail for months after the judge denied bail. His parents fought as hard as they could, had hired the best lawyers but it seemed like for once, money wasn't getting Wesley out of something. Even when he maintained that he wasn't guilty.

Not guilty.

As the police let me in to talk to Wesley I saw him, not the confident, strong Wesley I knew– a sad defeated one sat in his place. He still looked the same physically, but a spark was gone. He was a shell of the man he used to be. Once full of promise and life now dull and lifeless in front of me.

I walked over and sat across from him, he looked up and frowned at me, anger radiating from him.

"What do you need now Harley? I did what you told me. I killed Liv," He spit out angrily, staring at me.

"I think you forget who I am. I know everything Wesley, I know how you lied, how you went behind my back with Liv, I know everything," I said emotionlessly, staring at Wesley, the shell of a man I once knew.

"I know Harley, I fucked up alright? I'm sorry but you cant keep doing this, it's gone too far. I'm telling the truth, you need to too."

"I made you kill her for us Wesley, so we could be happy together. I wanted this for us, I did this for us. But then you had to stay at the scene, didn't you? You could've left, we could've said it was suicide but no, Wesley had feelings. So go ahead, tell them I made you do this Wesley. No one will believe you, will they? No one believes a murderer Wesley."

"I wouldn't one if it weren't for you."

"Too bad no one else will figure that out huh? Face it, Wes, everyone's wrapped around my finger. Liv was a bitch, who do you taught me?"

"Why are you doing this? Don't you love me?"

"Oh sweetie, I do, I really do, this was for us. To start over. You can still say you found her, that she killed herself and you'll be let go and we can be happy Wesley."

"No Harley! We can't lie to everyone! We killed someone. You're not getting away with this Harley, people are going to figure it out. I'm telling them what you did."

"Oh, so people are going to believe you? That the distraught best friend who wasn't there at the time of the murder killed her? The girl who's been in so much pain since her best friend forever died? Please, that bitch dying was the best thing to happen to me. Look at me Wesley, I'm the queen bee now. I'm bored, if you won't lie so we can get togetherI'm leaving."

"I'm telling everyone at the trial you made me do this!"

"What proof do you have? I'll see you at the trial. You know, it's sad, we could have been so happy together Wesley, I loved you."

"You're insane."

"I know."

Liv might've been a liar, but so was I.

AAAAA now everyone knows how insane Harley is omg

did I shock anyone?

I know these past few chapters don't make sense but I promise they do in the coming chapters!!!

Thanks for reading!