Dinner With The Mentor Part 1

I began to walk away to hide my laughed.

"Wait!" Finnick screamed.
"You're suppose to be taking me on a walk, not walking away from me." He laughed, pulling the rope off.

"Brook!" He said.

I turned around.

"What're you doing tonight?"

My heart stopped.
I kept it cool.
"Nothing. Lunch soon, I guess. Then whatever. Then dinner. Then whatever. Since Training is over. Unless you have more to show me."

Finnick smiled.
"We're good for the day. Just don't tell Penia. But later...we can have dinner in my room.
Get to know each other."

I nodded in agreement.
"Let's go."

QUICK AUTHORS NOTE:
I edited the last 3 chapters to where the reaping is three years after Finnick's Victory Tour instead of one. So instead of both being fifteen, Finnick is seventeen, and Brook his sixteen, a few weeks til seventeen. And instead of the 66th HG, of coarse now it's the 68th.

~time skip~

•Finnick's POV•
"Penia!" I called from across the hall, Brook was on her way to my room.

"Brook and I are eating dinner in my room to get to know each other while you and Ryder do the same in here. Is that okay?"
I asked.
Penia smiled, nodding.

I grabbed a tray of food and carried it to my room.

Brook sat on the edge of my bed, admiring the view.
She was wearing a maroon crop top with a leather jacket and skinny jeans.

"Hey." I said.

She turned around, abruptly.

"Hey."

She returned in the same nice tone she always uses...at times.

"Brought us some food."
I said, placing the tray on the table containing fish, chicken, shrimp, and lamb stew rice.

I sat next to her.

"So...how old are you?" I asked.

"Sixteen. Turning seventeen in a few weeks. You?"

"Seventeen." I replied, laughing.
"Hard to believe, huh? Last time I checked, we were both 14."

"Why were you willing to help me before I even got reaped? Why are you still willing to help me?"

She asked. Her tone was serious.

"When i first saw you, I had a feeling we'd meet again.
I don't know why.
You looked smart, tough, like a hunter. I knew your name had to be reaped at some point.

"And I know District 6 isn't much known for "rich" so just in case, I'd figure you'd need my help."
I said, sincerely.

She smiled widely, nodding.

A few minutes later, all the food except the rice and shrimp was gone.

"Okay," I said, facing her.
"What's your favorite color?"

"Well...I like blue. You?"

"Well, I don't know what kind of blue you're talking about, but I like blue, too. Like...the ocean."

•Brook's POV
When all the food except rice and shrimp was gone, Finnick faced me and asked what my favorite color was.

"Well...I like blue. You?"

He grinned.

"Well, I don't know what kind of blue you're talking about, but I like blue, too. Like...the ocean."

I never knew he was so sincere.
I really am falling for him.

I wanted him to know I Loved him before I enter the games, but how? What if he doesn't feel the same?

He stood up and I stood up right after him. We both began to pick up the tray.
"I got it." He said.

"No, no really. You've done enough." I smiled, pulling the tray towards me.

He pulled it back to him.
"For real, it's the least I can do."

I shook my head, laughing.
"Come on, Finnick. I got it."

I started to walk forward, but he moves his right foot, causing me to trip, leading to both of us falling.

Before I know it, I'm practically on top of him.

I boosted myself up with my hands so I wasn't crushing him.

The rice and shrimp went all over us.

"You have shrimp in your hair."

He said, laughing, breaking he awkwardness between us.

I stood up.

"Sorry," I said.

"Now will you let me take the tray?" Finnick asked.

I chuckled. "Yes."

We picked up the rice and shrimp and he carried the tray to the kitchen.

Penia came rushing in.
"So?" She asked, overjoyed.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you like him? Does he like you? Did he kiss you yet?
Tell me the deets.
I saw that little fall. Nice acting."

I shook my head.
"No acting. And I don't like Finnick like that." I lied.
"We're just friends."

Penia sighed. "Okay, dear. Whatever you say." She patted my shoulder and walked out.

Oh man, I thought.
How much more lying do I have to do?