Day One

I looked around when the gong went off.
Run. Run as fast as you can. The bow is your first priority, said Finnick.

I did as his voice told me and ran.

Surprisingly, I was the first one there. I grabbed the bow, containing 20 arrows. I also grabbed a knife and ran off to grab one of the backpacks. I slipped it on and but the bow around my neck.

I stood there, watching the bloodbath. People were already laying on the ground dead in the first ten seconds.

I snapped out of my trance when a knife passed, just barely, the side of my head.

I pulled an arrow and fastened it to my bow, letting go and killing the boy from Finnick's District (4), Kale.

I shook my head and had to think.
It's just a game. You're not really a killer. Just like Finnick...

I heard someone running towards me and without thinking, I turned around and shot the poor little girl from District 7, Orla.

I closed my eyes in shame and Finnick's voice brought me back to reality.

"Run! Run as fast as you can! Climb trees, camp there! I believe in you!"

I ran as far as I could until I reached a cave about a mile and a half from the Cornucopia.

There were trees all over but none I could climb.

I disguised the cave and made it blend in with the rocks around it.

When I sat down in the cave, I studied it. It had plenty of room. I sat my bow and arrows aside and opened my backpack.

An extra knife.
This is good for the first day.

A belt to hold my knives.
Could come in handy if I find more

A bag of dried fruit.
In case I needed a snack, I guess.

Rope.
Definitely could come in handy since Finnick taught me how to tie the "best knot in the arena."

A sleeping bag.
Thank God i don't have to sleep on the hard ground.

A pair of extra socks.
This bag had to be for one of the Careers.

I laid out my sleeping bag and fell asleep...

It was 10:00 when the cannons went off.

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelves.
Thirteen.

Thirteen dead already.

A few hours later when The Fallen, i didn't even wanna look. I killed an innocent 13 year old girl.

I had to find Ryder in the next two days...