The Scores

As I walked into my room, I looked at the rack of clothes, wondering what I should wear.

Nothing dressy or fancy at all. You're just seeing your scores, eating, and going to bed.
I told myself.

Alba walked in. Just what I was hoping for!

"Just something comfy." She said, reading my mind. "But yet something cute for Finnick."

"What?" I snapped.

"What?" She said back.

"You said look cute for who?"

"I didn't say look cute for anyone. I said wear something comfy but get cute. That was all I said."

I shook my head. She was playing that game.

"Here." She pulled out a black long sleeve shirt with the word "lazy" written over it, some grey short shorts and white shoes.
"Will this do?"

I turned around and changed. After I was down, I nodded.
"Comfortable. Thanks Alba. Can you pull my hair up in a bun or a ponytail or something?"

She nodded, grabbing a hair tie.
She then took out my braid and even though my hair is naturally wavy, it caused it to be much more curlier. She pulled it up in a ponytail.

 She pulled it up in a ponytail

"And the final touch!" She put the necklace Clayton had given me around my neck

She put the necklace Clayton had given me around my neck.

"Thank you."

She smiled.

I washed my makeup off and walked to Finnick's room like instructed.
I was about to walk in but remembered that he was naked last time so I knocked.

"Come in!" He shouted.
I walked in as he was pulling on a shirt.

I shook my head. "Um...I needed to come in here why?"

"Your games start tomorrow, ya know?"

I blinked a couple of times. "Tommorrow?! I though we had another two days."

"So did everyone else. The deal was, the games won't start until Penia gets back and she was gonna come back in two more days, causing the games to be set that day, also. But her plans changed and she's here tonight so the games are tomorrow. I tried to stop them but they wouldn't budge." He looked down.

I decided to sit down next to him.
"Brook, I'm sorry." He said.

I shook my head. "It's not your fault..."

"Guys!" Ryder shouted from outside the door. "The scores are on, come on!"

Finnick looked at me.
"Tell ya what. We go and watch the scores and afterwords we can spend our last night together talking on the roof. Sound good?"

I nodded.

We walked into the living room where everyone, Effie, Penia, Alba, Ryder, Finnick, and I sat on the couches. Effie came over to me.

"You did great for the interviews. I'm going to watch y'alls scores then I have to ride on a train so I can get back to my tributes."

I smiled. "Penia!"

She walked over.
"Dear, you looked beautiful tonight!"

"Thank you."

She looked over what I was wearing. "What were you going for? Comfortable but yet cute?"

I shrugged. "More comfortable, I guess."

Everyone watched as District 1-5 went. Finnick's tributes got a 6 and an 8.

"Now, my favorites, from District 6. Ryder Cups and Brooklynn Westbay. Let's do Ryder first."

I look at Ryder. "I bet you did great." I said, smiling.

"Thank you."

"And Ryder Cups with a score of...9!"

The room irrupted with clapping and congratulations.

"Great job!" I told him.

He smiled brightly.

"And now, Brooklynn Westbay.
The female tribute of District 6...
With a score of...woah! Our very first score of a perfect 12!"

The room went crazy. And when I say crazy, I mean loud, screams, clapping, just happiness all around.

I was shocked.
"I almost shot someone and I got a 12!" I said.

Penia, Effie, and Ryder looked at me.

"You what?!" They all said in sync then started to laugh.

"Amazing job, Ryder. And Brooklynn...a 12. Im so proud of you. I'll miss both of you but I have to go. Good bye and good luck!"
Effie walked off the train.

Finnick smiled brightly.
"That's amazing."

"Well," Penia said. "I guess that's goodnight."

We all said good night and Finnick walked me up to the roof.

"So...tomorrow, huh?" I asked, walking around.
Honestly, I did not wanna leave this roof. Now now. Not ever.

He was silent, standing by the edge.

"Finni-."

He turned around, abruptly.
"Brook, you have to know i tried! I tried to make them give us more time. Now I...i don't know what to do."

"Finnick..." I walked up to him, and grabbed his hand.

"I know you tried. Of coarse you tried. But it's not your fault. Quit apologizing."
I started to tear up.
"The only reason I got that 12 was because I've had you all this time. You helped me with my training.
You're my best friend...and if I die in these-."

"You're not gonna die!" He.     snapped. "You're coming out of that arena. Ryder's gonna die. We're gonna miss him but we'll have to get over it. You can do this.
I've never doubted you."

"Ok. Do you know what the terrain is?" I asked, terrified.

He shook his head.
"If it's like my games, if it's water, swim as fast as you can to the Cornucopia. If there's a bow, that's your first priority. Try to grab a knife too. Only if you can. Then you ran. As fast and far as you can. Are you good at climbing trees? Cause if you are, you can camp in one. Now if it starts as land, just ran as fast as you can. And do NOT run before that gong goes off or else it'll blow you sky high, ya hear?"

I nodded. I wanted to cry.

"Finnick? Brook, dear?"
  It was Penia.
"We've gotta lock the doors.
   Y'all coming?"

Finnick and I nodded.

As we walked back to our rooms, there was nothing but silence. Until Finnick stopped.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow."
  He said, quietly.

"Goodnight, Finnick." I said.
  I wanted to kiss him.

"Goodnight, Brooklynn."
  This time, it was him who
  watched me walk away...