Chapter 16

Apart from my roomies there are many other women from different countries around the globe. After a quick two hour rest I started unpacking and arranging my things in the closet and our common washroom. Shan Shan was more than helpful. She helped me all the arranging and also took me a tour around the dorm. The laundry room, kitchen, our refrigerator (there are 20 blocks, one for each room and others common) and the parking space.

   She also introduced me to some of them who were present at the time. There are no wardens or keepers but one in charge is a woman known as Li Quing, she has been a part of RGC for more than 15years.

Alicia didn't turn up yet. Shan Shan also helped me with the groceries by giving out hints about the nearest all product store. She also told me about the cash and card details. What would I have done without her?!.

"All set?". Shan Shan entered the room as I fixed my family photo on the night table and wall. She was holding two bottles in her hand.

"Yeah. Thank you so much". I said. Seriously without her I would have suffered.

Shan Shan reached a bottle towards me after taking a sip from hers. "Don't mention. It's my job. And also I feel we'll get along well". She said with a wink and smile.

"What's this?. Job?".I asked with a questioned look.

"It's light beer. Yeah. You didn't know I was assigned to take care of you today?". She answered.

Assigned?. "I don't drink. Assigned?. By whom?". I questioned again as I waved no to the beer.

She flinched."I got the mail. You don't?. Really?". She laughed.

Weird. For a staff that too new one. If they are trying to impress me with what they have, well they've succeeded. I'm impressed. Shan Shan waved her hands in front of me.

"No, I don't. Really". I said with a smile.

"Are all Indian girls this shy and intolerant to alcohol?". She asked me with a quizzical look.

I giggled. "No. Some do drink and smoke but it's just some respect their culture and their upbringing doesn't allow them to do that". I said. "And I'm not shy". I exclaimed.

"Ha ha. I can see that!". Shan Shan teased me.

"What?". I asked laughing.

"Nothin. So we're friends now. Welcome to Bangkok baby. You'll get along well". She stood up and started dancing.

I smiled and before I could speak she pulled me up too and we both danced.

"What the hell is goin on here?". Someone shouted bang opening the door.