Chapter 19

As soon as I walked through that door our eyes met each others. He was seated very majestically in his chair and he was in his three piece black suit with white shirt and a tie of silver and gray diagonal stripes. His attire looked very proper. It's an understatement but it complimented his Charcoal black eyes like thunder and rain clouds. Hair properly partitioned and combed. His cufflinks and watch shined with richness and also screamed status.

   Only after a blink of his eyes I too felt he was also checking out me. And then he waved his hand to the chair and motioned me to take the seat in front of him. I did.

We both didn't talk for like a minute and then I started. "Good morning ". I said.

He blinked his eyes, then cleared his throat and replied. "Good morning. Hope so you have settled in your dorm and feeling good". He said.

   "Yeah. Thank you. It's really good. And I came to know that it's free of rent". I stated looking directly into his eyes.

   "Yes. I should have had Ms.Jennifer inform you about those details earlier but we waited for you to see the dorm personally and then discuss all the other details". I nodded and he continued. "Anyways. Now you're here we will start right away and the joining procedures will be taken care and you can coordinate with Ms. Jennifer and we have a client who needs an urgent project to be taken. According to our Designing team he is not satisfied with whatever they come up with because needs something else which they can't understand. He is not a regular client but if you can take up this as your first project we'd be glad. We are not sure if he's gonna continue with us even if this is a success. So go on please try your luck".

  I nodded and looked at him with a fake smile. "I'll finish the contract details and joining procedures sir. And followed that I'd like to take up this project and don't want any concessions as this is my first day". I said.

   He tilted his head to one side. "Well then. Good luck. Welcome Ms.Sashi. Thank you for joining us". He said and rose to his feet and extended his hand for a shake. I took it.

   "Thank you sir. And no thank you, I don't believe in luck. We don't get along well". I said very sternly and shook his hand. There was at the very moment a feeling which I couldn't describe shocked me. It was like shaking hands with an electric transformer without safety measures and letting the 240volt current pass through you. We then pulled back.

   We both nodded to each other and I left his cabin. As soon as I was out I shake my head and directly went to Jenny and tapped her shoulder to make her look up at me because she was wearing her head phone and mike and was busy trying to connect a line.

  Jenny saw me and suddenly rose to her feet. I was about to give her a hand shake and greet her. But she took me by surprise. She hugged me and said "Welcome Sashi".

  "Thank you Jennifer". I smiled at her.