Chapter 18

Today's my first day in office. I feel a bit nervous. I should just burn my alarm clock for not shouting loud enough to wake me up in the morning. I was half an hour late. Shan Shan woke me up and Alicia was already up, ready after her work outs.

    After the small egg and bread breakfast I waited for the company cab and it was actually waiting for me outside and that I didn't know. But I wasn't the only one late. Many people only woke after I finished my breakfast.

   Thanks to Shan Shan she helped me with the groceries yesterday and Alicia was sweet enough to order dinner for all the three of us. Thanks to fate or God if he really exists, for these girls coz I like them. They are so cute, beautiful and also friendly. But my envious side popped out a bit now and then as I do have inferiority complex  that I'm dusky and feel a bit less beautiful. To be true, when compared with these two girls I'm the "not Pretty" Girl.

   Shan Shan and I entered the office together. I was confident but also a bit nervous and excited. Shan Shan gave me a thumbs up and left me at the reception. The receptionist's name was Alexa. She checked me out and smiled at me, then checked the list.

  I was so picky at my first day attire. I wore a black formal trouser and a white shirt with lace at the yoke and a bow tied at the collar and left my hair loose and pinned just over the side to prevent it falling over my eyes. I wore my favorite silver Titan wrist watch, a pair of pearl earrings and my mom's gift silver chain. I carried my formal foldable bag to keep all my stuff as well as my laptop. I must have a PC but I did not want to take any risks on the first day.

   "You can go and meet Mr.Arjun now Ms.Sashi. Welcome to Rama group of Companies!". Alexa said very excitedly.

  "Thank you Ms.Alexa". I said and headed towards his cabin.

It's been more than a month since I saw his face. I just have this nameless wierd feeling which I can't point to. But anyways, I'm just one of his employees and he's my Boss. So its all gonna be way more professional and I don't want to leave such a good job. Well, good job or not I'll know the answer in an hour or two.

  "All the best Sashi darling. No stutters and stammers. No hiccups and duckups". I kept repeating to myself. As I passed through Jenny's cubicle she gave me a wide smile and nodded. I did the same and continued.

  As I reached the cabin I knocked twice and opened the door with an excuse. I heard "Yes, please come in". From the inside.