Chapter 28

After the cooking bet at the office it felt like a storm was over. We had readymade counters and the opposing team was developing team.. Yup...!! My colleagues all had fun when me and my opponent cum friend Chou clashed against each other. Yeah...!! He's from Bangkok and a brilliant cook. We became good friends by one of the orders. He helped me with my selection of designs and we instantly became buddies. But when I knew he was gonna be put against me I was shocked and started saying no. Not only he's my friend but a culinary expert. When everyone was pushing me to take part he just simply said it's for fun and nudged me. But you guys know what..!! I sucked in international cooking. He made a shrimp rice and a pad Thai dish and some soup. Ok I really don't know what it is but I knew the dish would be awesome coz I was getting all kind of flavours from his counter. Mostly appealing.

   So I thought of making a Desi version of my favorite Indian food Dosa with fried prawn curry and Masala finger chips with hot ginger tea. Guess what? I did win the game it was a voting which decided the winner. I was in cloud nine when they said it. I couldn't believe what I heard and I started jumping like a stupid and Jenny was hugging me like I won miss world pageant. It was such a nice day until my neighbors thought it should not be. Shan Shan's voice is louder enough for me to even hear from North Pole let alone from my sleep. I walked out of my room warily and stumbled into a woman's back. Shit. "Lily". I say.

   "You piece of shit. Have you got your eyes on your ass?". She spat.

   "Mind your stupid tongue Lily. And stop this shit scene of yours and move your garbage can out of our counter". Shan Shan said. So this is what all the cursing is about. Anaya  has kept their garbage can on our counter and after we removed it earlier they must've kept it again. I was just glued to the place. "Oh should I. What if I won't. Will you rebel against me? You and this little blacky. Stop fucking getting on my way". Lily flared at Shan Shan.

  "We will if you fucking stop being a mean bitch and move that garbage can from our counter before I dump the whole shit on top of nothingness filled pretty head of yours". It wasn't Shan Shan who said that. It was me. Yeah I do curse.

   "You bitch!". Literally Lily's nostrils flared of anger. She was about to slap me and pre thinking this would happen, I duck my head and move out of way. As the whole dorm girls are watching Lily fell face front on the floor with the thud. Everyone giggled. I felt bad. Bad that her friends weren't there to see this beautiful sight. Yeah I know. I'm part evil!. Who isn't. I'm not the mother Teresa of this century. What do you expect from a mid twenty aged average but pretty looking, genius, talented and very practical thinking girl like me?

   "You should have seen her!". Shan Shan dramatically says to Alicia who is staring at me with disbelief.

   It's been three days but even now Shan Shan's not letting the topic go. Ali has come from her small official trip. And as soon as she entered the dorm all she heard was how I gave back nicely to the monster minded Lily and her being thrown out of the dorm like shit after the small episode.

   Yes. She was changed to another dorm and has been warned not to ever repeat such an attitude. It was then Anaya and Jane don't even cross stares with me. It was such a month.