Chapter 34

I clean myself in the green room and get ready as quickly as possible. I wear a decent blue floral sequined dress which is about my knee length with a boat neck and short sleeves. I pair up myself with a clutch and the necklace that Alicia chose for me for this event. I loved the necklace.

    Minutes before I looked like shit. Tired, actually exhausted, with messy hair and not very pretty sight. But now I look fine. I guess in front all those dashing divas I might not ashame myself. After I am done I exit the green room to greet everyone.

   "Welcome". "Thank you for coming". "That's the way" were mostly what I was telling. And then I saw him. Clad in his three piece suit like a perfect sculpted (stranger god), uh gentleman. For a second I felt he too saw me. We stood there without moving for a brief moment and I felt him moving. He walked towards me.

    I was too struck to move or think and suddenly I saw him forward his hand and then I realized there was someone else standing behind me. No actually I was blocking their way. Arjun shook hands with the pale looking man with blonde hair and welcomed him. I moved out of the way. And then I came to know the blonde man was our main guest Mr. Richardson from Detroit. He is our client and supplier. Once everyone settled in the gala started.

    After few formal speeches it was starting to get light headed. I also came to know that this sudden meeting cum gala was part of our success and the new project which I handled and was a part of has given us new clients and double the profit than last time. I was overwhelmed by this surprise. I saw Ling, Mohammed and others from my team also surprised and realized I am not the only one. Arjun then gave his speech. He thanked all his employees and congratulated us. I felt very happy. But I didn't know it wouldn't last.

     "Young and bright. But I guess he won't be able to make it to the level of his father or like any other Thai Mushis for that matter". A guy next to me commented and giggled. I felt my temper raising.

    "No. He might only if he knew the ways. I'd rather a handsome hunk like him be with hot chicks than setting in business". said another creepy guy and both of them chuckled. What the hell? Who are these guys? And how dare they comment so cheap about Arjun? I couldn't tolerate it. I might have differences with Arjun but that doesn't mean he's not a good businessman. He's actually one of the best I have ever seen when it comes to professionalism.

   By the time I was about to butt in the meeting was done and the party had started. I was so red with anger. But I controlled it. Shan Shan and Ling ling came together and offered me a cold drink. I denied it. I was too occupied with the event to eat or drink.

   At that time I saw those two creepy guys talking to Arjun and Mr.Richardson.