Chapter 13

Okay, this might be a long author's note, but please read it? Thanks... TO START, HAHA , LOL @ HOW THIS IS CHAPTER NUMBER 13 AND THIRTEEN IS SUPPOSEDLY UNLUCKY AND DISASTER IS UNLUCKY. IRONY, I TELL YOU.

Second, I have to say THANK YOU! Because when I woke up this morning this story was at NUMBER ONE on the Fan Fiction list, and that means the absolute world to me! I don't know how it got there, but whatever you guys did, thank you!

Third, thank you for the THREE HUNDRED VOTES last chapter! I honestly didn't expect to get that anyway, better yet so quickly (i didn't even think i'd get 200 votes, to be honest)! you guys made me scramble to finish this because I wanted to keep my bet and all, so yup, I shall fail finals(:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis's POV:

I tried to get my friend from out of the corner, but he wouldn't budge. I was failing miserably at my task. "Niall, come on. You have to get out of here sometime. You need fresh air and food. It wasn't your fault, lad. It was that drunk driver's. We're all sad, believe me. We all hope she'll wake up. But what does it help if you're just here crying because you blame yourself? Bailey's here. She'll stay here and tell us if anything changes with Calista, won't you?"

Bailey nodded and wiped her tear streaked face. She hadn't left Calista's side the entire time. Neither had Calista's family, except they were eating in the hospital food court currently. I guess Bailey and Calista were closer than I thought. They weren't just friends, they were more like sisters. I always just thought they were the best of friends, but seeing Bailey like she was really made me aware of how close they were.

"Lou. You don't get it. I understand that you're trying to help and all, but it won't fix this. I was taking her out to tell her I loved her. Loved her. I had this whole thing planned out. But we were hit. Hit. It should've been me. How come I only got a broken wrist and a few cuts? She's laying in a hospital bed, unconscious! Who would've even guessed she would've been too light for the airbag to activate? Huh? What if she doesn't wake up, Lou? Am I just going to have to live with that my entire life? The fact that in that one instant if I had been paying attention more carefully-" I cut him off.

My eyes began to water, but I knew I had to stay strong for him. The guys were all back at the hotel. It was my turn on Niall shift since he refused to leave the hospital room, and I couldn't let him down. He needed me, now more than ever. "Don't even talk like that, man. She's going to wake up. Okay? She will. You'll get to tell her you love her and everything! And don't you, for one second, even think about blaming yourself! You didn't know a drunk was going to come speeding from that intersection! You weren't doing anything wrong! You were doing everything that you were supposed to be doing! It was that drunken asshole who was doing wrong! Calista wouldn't want you to be moping in the corner crying your eyes out, she'd want you to take care of yourself. Perhaps change out of the clothes you've been wearing for the past three days? Eat some food other that this disgusting slop they serve here? Even crazier, take a shower? You smell. Come on, buddy. She'll still be here when you get back."

Niall stuttered, "B-But I want to be here when she wakes up. I need to hear her voice."

"Niall. C'mon. We'll only be ten minutes away. She'll still be here when we get back."

It killed me to see him like this. He was literally the most carefree person in the world. I'd never seen him cry and be so upset. But now? He hadn't left that corner for days; hadn't changed his clothes, only ate the food people brought to him (which is completely absurd for Niall, believe me), and the only time he left the room was to go to the loo. His face was was red from crying and wiping his face, his hair was messed up, and his eyes were becoming increasingly bloodshot.