1 | Chapter ~

Anger filled within me. Beneath my emotionless self was pure anger underneath. As I walk throughout this horrible small town, Sylverdale, once more. Neck after neck of innocent people were snapped in half. I felt no remorse as I was doing so. My emotions were getting the best of me, that was, until I was caught from police in handcuffs and a tranquilizer dart to the neck, which I now slowly grew to become unconscious as I now have fallen hard to the ground in front of the cop car. Everyone knew my reputation here, but my dumbass self somehow felt the need to be back here again.

~

"Wake up sunshine. You have a visitor," one of the male policemen came abrupt to my cell, his keys banging against the bars, making a loud ass noise that triggered my hangover. I looked up towards him and gave a glare of 'I'm going to kill you if you don't stop with the noise'. The policemen left and what seemed to be a familiar face that I once knew a long time ago reappeared.

I sat up in the uncomfortable bed that I was in and brushed my dangly brown hair out of my eyes. "Well, well, well, look who we got here. It's been a long time brother," I said to my older, of course, had to of been uglier looking brother, Brayden. He kind of looked a lot like me actually. He had that same copy-cat looking style like me with his hair that kind of dangled in his face, and it was brownish and if you guys didn't already know, pale skin of course.

"You get here and what? One day? One day and you're already killing innocent people, Adrian," he said my name in a cold tone.

I got up and started walking to the cell door, "I was drunk, what can I say? You have another drink for me?"

"You're way passed your limit," he tried hiding his chuckle under his breath, but some slipped from the corners of his mouth.

I breathed the air heavily and exhaled. "So," my eyes lit up. "Are you going to get me out of this shit hole or let me rot?" I questioned, already knowing the answer. He always bailed me out. He was a good older brother like that. I could always count on him.

"You know Adrian, one of these days I'm not going to be around to bail you out. Then what?" he kept talking. I was getting anxious to just get out of here already.

"That's not going to happen," a sly smirk came upon my lips. "Don't you notice that I eventually follow you wherever you go?"

"Your five minutes is up!" we heard the policemen that put the handcuffs on me last night yell.

"Yes, and it's quite annoying," my brother looked at me like he was getting sick and tired of my crap. Can't blame him, I've put him through a lot, but he still loves me. "I'll go talk to the police, you'll be out in no time," he grinned then left. I went to go sit in that uncomfortable bed that I had in my cell and leaned my head against the cold cement wall and waited. I've been in this jail the more times than I can count, but thankfully since my brother and I are Vampires, our compulsion always got us out of a lot of trouble, and the next thing you knew, everyone liked you again. It was more of a repeat than anything.

What felt to be quite awhile, Brayden finally came back to the cell, having a new female policemen lead the way. She unlocked the cell door and apologized for having me put in here.

I took her hand and kissed the top of it, "No need to apologize. Mistakes happen."

Brayden rolled his eyes at my idiotic mannerism. She didn't say anything else and both Brayden and I walked out of the police station like nothing even happened.

~

We arrived at our old childhood home that was built in 1674 by our ancestors. The walls and everything in it were a rustic Gothic theme. Most people would describe it as 'cringy'. Both my brother and I stepped inside and smelled the wooden smell that came to our heightened senses. "Tell me Adrian," my brother started walking to the kitchen to pour a glass of Bourbon for both him and I. "Why did you come back here? I know you usually end up where I'm at, but it's been thirty-seven years. So why now?"