6 | Chapter ~

*Brayden's POV*

As I lay in my freezing bedroom all alone in this vacant house, my lower back wouldn't stop aching. I groaned in pain as I have been doing so all night long after Adrian left for that stupid party. I turned on my side hoping that it would somehow ease the pain. It felt like a burning sensation in my skin, and I felt like I needed to throw up. I got up slowly and walked to the bathroom.

I was sweating uncontrollably and it felt like my back was stiffening. Why was that Ghoulie down there in the first place? And what are the side effects from an invisible bite that it had left behind? I put both of my hands on either side of the sink and let my entire body weight go to my arms. I looked at myself in the mirror as I cursed under my breath.

I lifted up my shirt and looked at my back in the mirror. Still shows nothing. Something has to be seriously wrong with me. I sighed and just stared at myself in the mirror. I all of a sudden felt an urge to choke and start coughing. I started coughing and weezing uncontrollably as I tried to catch my breath from doing so. I quickly turned on the faucet and put my mouth under the running water and took a couple gulps of water.

My throat felt that it was burning and scorched on fire. I started hacking up this black looking tar liquid and spat it in the sink. "What the hell.." I murmered to myself as I examined what had just came out of my mouth. I felt sick and gross. I looked up in the mirror and saw something quickly catching my eye. It was like as if someone ran right by the bathroom door.

I carefully turned around and walked out of the bathroom and into the hallway, "Hello?" I called out nervously. "Is anyone in here?"

I started hearing creepy doll music towards the staircase and I didn't know if I should go towards the noise or not. I paused for a few moments trying to think of what I should do. I decided to hurry up and go back into my room and grabbed my phone just in case something were to happen.

I then began to go back towards the creepy music. "If someone is trying to pull a prank on me, or if anyone is in my house, don't be a coward and just show yourself!" I echoed throughout the house. I heard laughter move past me, children's laughter and a toy carousel on my steps acknowledging me that that's where the noise was coming from.

"I'm coming for you.." the child's voice faintly said. "I can smell it...you're anxious.." the voice seemed deeper and darker this time. I started to choke and cough again as black liquid tar was dripping out of my mouth. I groaned in pain as my back started hurting more and more by the second.

"Where are you?" I growled angrily as my eyes started to change silver and black. "You want to play? Let's play then," I egged this thing on. It was as if the air had taken me by surprise, a powerful force felt like it blew me away as it swept me off my feet, flying in the air, and made me smash my back into the wall. Laughter filled the room. I fell to my knees as tar liquid found its way out of my mouth and my nose.

I need to call Adrian. I need to call him now.

I hurriedly grabbed my phone and went to my contacts and called him.

Perfect.

No answer.

No one was in sight, it was as if the air was kicking my own ass. I got up and the next thing I know it's like there was an invisible foot that kicked me and made me stumble backwards onto the floor. I groaned in pain as the spot where I had gotten bit was now again feeling like it was on fire. Either I'm tripping really hard or there's something in my home besides that Ghoulie.

I decided to try to call Adrian again.

No answer.

Goddamnit it brother, I need you.