2 | Chapter ~

I leaned up on my side with all of the strength that I had left and grabbed the Spellbook. I layed  back down on the floor in exhaustion. I then remembered that there was a place in the floorboards that would come out, so that you could hide things. I used to hide my 'treasure' down there all of the time when I was a little kid. It was by Brayden, whom could barely move. The smoke was starting to die down, so maybe we had barely a chance at this.

"Brayden. A couple feet from you--there's a place in the ground that moves up...put this in there..they won't know where it's hidden," I passed the book to him. He knew what place I was talking about. He always knew everything about me. He did as I told him and the next thing you could hear were heels clicking against the old wooden floorboards. It was Cherry, the red-headed woman who I had fallen for and told where the Spellbook was. Behind her was just a little part of her Coven.

"Well, it's been quite some time since I've seen you, Mr. Paksyn," she breathed. I knew she was talking to me. I looked at her and scanned my surroundings. It was hard to move and breathe. Her Coven was mumbling something under their breath which made it feel like my skin was on fire. Even Brayden's. We were groaning in pain as the sensation overtook us. "Just tell us where the book is at and we'll leave this horrid place," she said snotily. In reality she wanted nothing to do with us, she just wanted the book.

"Over my dead body," I managed to let out.

"Hmm, looks like the hard way it is," she said with a snap of a finger.

Those damn red heads, full of fire and attitude.

As soon as she snapped her fingers both my brothers neck and mine snapped. Lights out.

~

We awoke with sore necks. "Quick! Look! Did they find the book?" I looked at Brayden with exasperating eyes. He looked beside him and he looked at me, his eyes saying it all.

Shit.

This was all of my fault.

Brayden got up on his feet and walked away without saying anything. I got up as well. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"To school, I'm late," he sounded pissed.

"School?" I chuckled. "You're 412 years old! What a great joke," I shook my head. He looked back at me like he was serious. We have other things to worry about.

"Maybe you should come to school. It's only been the first week. Try living in reality for a change," he looked back at me before he opened the door.

"Do you not realize that a Coven of Witches has just stolen our Spellbook from a thousand years ago? Are you not aware of this, Brayden?" my eyes grew wide as I had a dumbfounded smirk go across my face. "Do you even know why they took the book?"

"Of course I know why they took it, but there is nothing that we can do now.." his voice broke and he closed the front door to continue on our conversation for a little while longer.

The Witches were bringing back the dead. And not just any "Dead". They were bringing back our parents. Our mother which is the first Vampire, and our father which is the first Warlock.

We were doomed.

Our father was leader of the Witch Coven that was just here from a couple of Centuries ago. Both of our parents hated us deeply. We were the reason why they both died.

"Our parents are coming. They are probably going to kill us if they come searching for us," I exhaled.

"We'll do what we have to do when the right time comes, Adrian. There is nothing more that we can do now. We have no idea where the Witch Coven went, and the last time I checked-- we're not friends with any Witches or Warlocks! So, come to school with me and let's start something here, okay?"