3 | Chapter ~

As the school day went on with boring classes, stupid jocks who thought they were cool, and more curiosity that filled within me; I found my way to the library when the last bell rang. I stepped up to the librarian's desk. She was busy eating caramel popcorn and reading a book that looked to be a little dusty and old. "Excuse me," I kindly interrupted her.

She looked up to me and pushed her glasses up her nose just a tiny bit. "Yes?" she asked. "Can I help you with something?"

"Do you perhaps have a section in your library with a bunch of older books?" I was hoping that it didn't sound weird. "It's for a school project," I quickly added. She looked at me with curiosity and observed me for what felt like an eternity.

"What kind of old books?" she questioned as she started to get out of her chair.

"Well, our assignment is to figure out if there were other 'creatures' that used to live in this town or our world in general. Such as: Witches, Vampires, possibly even Werewolves?" I tried to sound not like a weirdo. A couple seconds of silence passed. "It's for English class," I insisted.

"Ahh, I see," she observed me even more. I started to grow a little uncomfortable. "Right this way," she said as she brushed past me. I exhaled in relief and followed her to what seemed to be a bookshelf that no one really even goes too. Dust was covered on most of these books.

"Thank you," I slightly smiled. I didn't like to smile often, but I felt that it was probably a good way to not seem suspicious. She nodded her head and went back to her desk.

I began looking for anything that might help. Hmm, Werewolf Genesis, Vampire Secrets, The Witches Heirloom. They all kind of seemed fake to me as I skimmed over the books cover. I started taking some of those books off the shelf and kept trying to dig towards the back until I looked to the outer-corner of my right eye and noticed Saturyn sitting at one of the tables with her nose in a book. How typical.

She glanced up and our gazes met. "What are you looking for?" her soft voice swept through the air towards me. Did she actually just talk to me?

"I-uhh," I stuttered. God, Adrian. Idiot 101. "I'm looking for some old books for an English project." Wow. That sounded lame. Nice going.

"What kind of books?" she wondered. "I know this library pretty well. I could probably help," she insisted. She sure was a bookworm. I wouldn't doubt if she could help me or not. She got up and walked to me.

I didn't want to sound weird to her.

"Something about Witches in particular," I paused for a moment. "Like an old Spellbook, or like; any tales that could be possibly true? Nothing fake. No fantasy books. Just books full of facts."

She looked at me with wide eyes. "I was actually testing you," a smile crept out of her lip.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Shit. Then I realized. We were in the same class. Of course she'd know if we actually had an English project based on Witches. Shit. Again, Adrian. Good job.

"We don't have an English project based on Witches," she laughed quietly not to disturb the Librarian.

"Okay," I gave up in defeat. "You caught me. I'm secretly a nerd about these types of things. I just want to know more about Witches and old history." I was hoping that that was good enough for her to help me.

She smiled, "I actually have some old Witch books at my house, if you're willing to come over?"

"You mean right now?" I put my hands in my pockets to try and act cool. She was a true beauty.

"Sure. Unless you want me to come over to your house?"

"No. No. Your house seems perfect," I breathed nervously. Keep it cool damnit. Keep it cool.