8 | Chapter ~

I sat in front of Rose today in our first class. Saturyn sat in her same spot in the middle as always. The bell had rung and the teacher was talking about the Civil War and how our country has drastically changed lately with Trump and everyone so called 'hating his living guts'. I was alarmed as I felt little pitter patters of tiny finger tips playing against the back of my shoulder.

Roses voice came right to my ear as I felt her breathe on me. "I can show you so much in this town if you let me," she growled.

A smirk played upon my lips. "You have no idea how much of this bloody town I've already seen. I've practically been here my entire life time," I whispered back to her.

"Then how about we explore this town tonight on a walk? Would you like to hangout after school?" She gestured for me to take up the offer.

"I can't," I sighed in remembering that I had plans in the library with Saturyn.

"Ohh?" She seemed shocked. "You have plans?"

"Yeah, I actually have some unfinished business that I have to attend to," I lied, hoping to sound a little dangerous and cool.

She didn't say anything and I could tell that she sat back in her seat.

I felt as if I was starting to get in with the bad crowd since I'll be starting to hangout with Rose. I wouldn't doubt it, I somehow get wrapped up in something with bad people no matter where I go. At least she was hot and exciting. The bell had rung, making it known that class had ended.

As people stammered to get out of the classroom someone slammed right into my desk on  purpose, making my books fall onto the ground. Laughter filled the atmosphere and I started to grow irritated. There was a jock with blonde spikey hair that was laughing as he walked by my desk. "Loser," he murmured under his haughtily breath. What's this guys problem?

"You better watch your mouth and actions or else it can get you into some serious trouble!" I yelled at him and the teacher told me to stop or go to the principals office. The jock and a couple of his friends walked out of the classroom in laughter and my anger was getting the best of me.

Saturyn grabbed onto my shoulder when I stood up, "Hey, don't worry about them, just calm down," she looked up at me. My eyes were flickering back and forth with black and silver and my natural color. She got wide eyed really fast. I bet it freaked her out.

I bent down to her so that I could whisper in her ear without anyone hearing what I was about to say next. Rose stood by the classroom door waiting for me as she watched what I was about to do next. "Stop talking to me," I warned Saturyn. I was upset about her and my brother this morning and that jock really stirred up my emotions. I walked off to Rose and Saturyn had said nothing in return.

*Saturyn's P.O.V.*

Seeing Adrain's eyes scared the living crap out of me. What was that all about!? And what did I do in order for him to start hating me all of a sudden? And Rose? Now he's all about her?

I walked out of the classroom and got bumped by a bulky guy behind me. I turned around to see Brayden with a big smile upon his face. "Hey! Sorry about bumping into you," he ran his fingers through his hair. You could tell that he was blushing.

"It's fine," I smiled back. "What class are you off to?" I asked changing the subject.

"Chemistry. You busy after school? I'd like to get to know you some more," he licked his lips. I'm assuming he was nervous.

"Actually, I'm helping your brother study after school, that is, if he stops hating me by the end of the day.."

"Studying? For what?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me.