11 | Chapter ~

*Rose's P.O.V.*

"Rose, it's so nice to see you again!" my grandfather came walking towards me with a big happy smile on his face. Thayer walked away from my side and went to go find some food right away. I was back in my little 'hometown' as I like to call it. It was in the trees of course, kind of like a campsite to be exact. We were guarded with trees as tall as one hundred foot buildings and a medium sized lake on the side where all the houses and little cabin's were located. It was like our own little village. People rarely stumbled upon here, and if they did, our scouts would kill them.

"It's nice to see you grandfather," I sluggishly put my arms around his shoulders and pulled him into an embrace. He was probably the only person I missed seeing in the family.

"Eh-hem," my father coughed with crossed arms staring at us as the little children came running by playing tag. People were ringing their soppy wet clothes and put them on clotheslines to let the sunshine dry them. I let go of my grandfather and went towards my dad. "Hey pumpkin, how are you? Are you doing all right with grandma in town?" he asked. I could tell that he thought I came here to stay finally.

"Yeah, things are going great. Thayer had found me, I had stumbled over on the gravel road to a run a mile for gym class and skinned my knee. Thayer smelled my blood. I just figured that I'd stop and say hi, it's been awhile," I smiled nervously as I slowly layed my hair neatly over my neck, covering my punctures wounds from Adrian unnoticed. If my dad would have noticed them a riot would have taken place and my pack would go crazy. No one had thought once about talking about Jeremiah again, I wonder what would happen to me if they found out I was the new bloodskank . . .

"Is that so," he started. "I-"

"I also came here to talk about Thayer," I quickly interrupted, knowing that Thayer would want me to say something so that he could come home with me and start his life.

"Oh?" he questioned. "Maybe we could talk about this more in private?" he suggested.

"I'd like that. Tonight after our packs run and meal?"

"Yes, in the cabin with your mother present as well," he tsked. I smiled and I began walking past him.

I met up with the rest of the pack and giggles and laughs filled the area. My mother had sat by me as my father made a gigantic bonfire for all of us. It was right by the lake and the moon started to peak out as the sunshine was saying goodbye.

"Have you talked to them yet?" Thayer whispered in my ear as he sat to my left on a log. "I want to get out of here," he scowled impatiently.

I looked at him as the fire light bounced off his fair skin. I leaned in close, trying to not make it obvious that I was trying to talk to him privately around the others. "After the run and meal father, mother, and I will be talking about it in the cabin," I reassured him hoping that it'd cool his grill.

He didn't say anything and just nodded and turned towards the fire as the warmness overcame him.

After we all sat for awhile to warm up and waited till the moon came all the way up in the sky, we all got up and scattered into the trees like how we used to. "My fellow pack members," my father started shouting so that everyone could hear him as they were all scattered around. "The moon has aligned with the stars and the wind has died down. It is another day that we all once more run together as a tradition for our ancestors. Then after we shall feast!" he smiled as he put his hands in the air. Everyone was shouting and howling in excitement.

People looked at the wolf run as if it was a game. It was a way that some people smelled their mate, which you can only do at night under the moon and stars, and it was also just a way to release stress every day. People started shifting in pain all around us. You could hear their groans and aches that ran through their entire body. It has been awhile since I've transformed into my wolf.

Thayer had changed into his white wolf and I had changed into my light brownish one. Thayer and I began racing in the trees, losing father and mother and the rest of the pack. We were running in the trees and playing tag just like how we always used to do when we were little. It felt good to do this again, it was like my body longed for it.

Howls had echoed throughout the air and Thayer and I had joined them in a song.

I began running faster and faster and faster until I had lost Thayer and I had traveled deeper into the trees. I stopped for a moment to regain my breath and I started to smell something funky. It was a mix of musk and cinnamon. I put my nose to the ground and started sniffing it until I heard a faint crack of a branch being broken. Someone must have stepped on it while walking. Was it a hunter maybe? I stood extremely still, not knowing if I should howl or not for help.

"Well, well, well," a woman's voice seethed in the darkness. "Look what the moon dragged in," a faint laughed echoed. "A little Wolfie. How exiting!"

I still kept myself in my wolf form just in case I had to fight. I began walking around slowly and cautiously. No more words have been spoken. Maybe it was just my imagination or the woman had left and realized that I wasn't worth her time?

I started trotting away until there were two very strong powerful hands around my throat. Strong even for a Werewolf . . . it seemed almost too dangerous. "Change back," she demanded as her voice went straight into my ear. She wasn't scared of me, and that's when you know she had to be something strong. "I said change back," she squeezed me tighter and I started to search for a breath. "And once you do, do not make a sound, or it will be the death of you."

My pack was still howling and roaming around. I wonder if Thayer noticed that I was gone? I quickly changed back into my human form, naked as I stood embarrassed in front of a woman whom I don't even know.

"That's it . . ." She breathed as she still had her weirdly strong hands around my neck and throat.

"What do you want from me?" I gritted through my teeth as we both stood there in the dark surrounded by nothingness.

"I want you to give my son's a message," she began. "Well, one in particular."

"I don't know who you're talking about," I struggled to say as she held me more tight. I put my hands on her hands that were around my throat to try and break from her grasp, but she didn't budge. I was stuck.

She put her mouth closer to my ear. "Oh, yes, you do know who I'm talking about. Deep, deep down you know, Rosá," her voice seemed so soothing as she spoke my name. I was nervous and scared. What the hell did this strange woman want from me?

"What's your message?" I grunted, trying to make this fast.

"Tell them that their mother will be home. Soon. And things aren't going to turn out pretty," she laughed then threw me out of her arms. I tried to cover myself up with my hands as much as I could so she didn't see all of my lady parts.

She walked over towards me and circled around me, looking at me from head to toe, then flicked a piece of my hair that covered Adrian's puncture wounds. She brushed her cold hand against the bite and sighed. "I knew I smelled him on you. He never knows how to truly clean up after a — well — somewhat meal," she smirked.

"Just leave me alone. I'll tell the boys what you want," I glared at her, finally seeing what she truly looks like as the moonlight hit her perfectly: medium length layered brown hair, cobalt blue eyes, and light freckles on her nose.

Wow, Adrian certainly did get his looks from his mother.

Her eyes flickered silver and black and her fangs shot out as she glared at me. "If you tell your pack or anyone else who's not my boys, I will know . . . And I will rip your throat out with my own teeth," she threatened. My pack started howling for me. They must've finally noticed that I was lost and needed to be found.

"You have my word," I looked at her with all seriousness.

"Rose!" I heard my father's, mother's, and grandfather's voice as they started searching for me just a little ways off from me.

I felt a light breeze move past me and I looked around realizing that Adrian's and Brayden's mother had vanished like the speed of light.

Ugh. Vampires. Such a damsel in distress. Always having other's do the work for them. Well, what a great first impression, Rose, what a great first impression.