Don't touch the explosives, unless you want to explode

Chapter 1 ~ Don't touch the explosives, unless you want to explode

Luke Castallen

"PERCY JACKSON WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT TOUCHING THE EXPLOSIVES!" Katelyn Walker yelled.

Percy looked over from where his finger was a millimeter away from touching the "on" switch.

"Run Beckendorf!" He yelled, "We've been caught!"

"Oh you'll get it now!" Katelyn growled, chasing after the two.

I leaned against a wall, eating a Snickers.

Why the Land of the Faded had as explosives room, I have no idea, but it was a great source of entertainment.

Katelyn had originally been our tour guide for the Land of the Faded. She had slowly become a friend. Now she was kind of like an Annabeth or a Thalia, yelling at us when we did something stupid.

The Snickers bar nearly fell out of my hand. I hadn't thought about Annabeth or Thalia in a long time.

Thalia was the blond one, right?

I went over to Silena, "Silena. Where are we from?"

She thought for a second, "Earth of course."

Good. Maybe I was just messed up, but I had a feeling something was wrong.

"Who was your best friend on Earth?"

She frowned, "I think her name started with C. Clara?" She shook her head, "Clarisse! I'd never forget her. What's wrong with me?"

"I don't know." I answered honestly, "But I forgot Annabeth and Thalia, my sisters. I bet Beckendorf and Percy forgot most of their Earth life. And I bet longer time residents, like Katelyn or that one guy named John, don't remember anything."

Percy Jackson

Luke was wrong about me. I remembered most of my Earth life. I remembered my girlfriend, Annabeth, and she had a cousin I met had a while ago, Maggie or something. My best friend was Grover. And the rest of the Seven were also my good friends. Though, some voices and faces were fuzzy.

So ha, Luke.

He's gonna owe me a Snickers for that.

Oh, and you're probably wondering why I decided to mess with explosives.

One word: fireworks.

Beckendorf and I were going to create some fireworks to make everyone happy. Then we got caught by Katelyn.

Luke just ate a Snickers while Silena laughed at us. What great friends we have.

Meanwhile I was being chased by an angry Katelyn. Beckendorf had hidden somewhere.

Children of Apollo can be scary.

I'm just glad no one had used their sword yet. Were we even aloud to have swords here?

I stopped running for a second and checked my pocket. Sure enough, I felt Riptide.

Well, that's reassuring.

Then, I was tackled.

"Geez Katelyn!" I yelled, "What have you been eating!"

"Food." She shrugged, now sitting on me.

Luke laughed and handed Silena a Snickers.

That's not fair.

"Life isn't fair Percy!" Beckendorf grinned, walking over, also eating a Snickers.

Do these people have Snickers powers?

"But we're dead!" I whined om response to Beckendorf.

"Huh." Luke said, "That's weird to think about. We're dead. We all died twice. We will never be alive again. We're stuck here for eternity."

Silena suddenly gasped, "It could've been a thousand years and we've sat here, eating Snickers and messing with explosives." She gave me a glare at the last part.

"Uh guys." Katelyn interrupted, "That prophecy I hace you the other day. I think that might be your way of getting out of here."

Yeah I know, it's short and bad. I'll try to do better, but I really don't know how to start this book.

Also, if you guys are somewhat interested in Katelyn, her backstory will be explained a bit in "The Hero Gone Wrong" which is a book on my other account, Festus_is_happy

I find it funny how some people ac actually have updating schedules, while I'm like, "IN GONNA UPDATE TODAY BECAUSE IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS!"

T

~ Blackie