Open

Chapter 11 ~ Open

Luke Castallen

"So Beckendorf, put your hand here." Percy said, pointing at a place just above Silena's hand.

Our hands created a circle on the door. Underneath our hands began to glow.

I looked at Percy and noticed his eyes were glowing sea green. Beckendorf's were glowing brown, Silena's were glowing multicolored. Somehow, I knew mine were glowing blue.

Then, the chanting started.

Katelyn Walker

It was creepy watching them open the door. Their eyes seemed to glow as if they were possessed.

Then they started chanting in Greek.

"Open door of faded souls.'' They chanted in unison as if it had been practiced hundreds of times.

"Open and set us free. This land shall be gone and the souls returned."

Then, as if that wasn't creepy enough, Percy turned toward me.

"Grab the handle and open the door, Daughter of Apollo. The time has come."

Why they wanted me to open the door, I had no idea.

I figured their strange spell would be broken if they moved. That seemed like the logical answer.

But what's logical in the demigod world?

I stepped forward and put my hand on the glowing doorknob before turning it and stepping back.

"OPEN!" The four yelled.

The door swung open.

Helpfully, the four collapsed.

I looked through the door only seeing blackness, then looked back at the unconscious people.

I shrugged and dragged them away before yelling, "HEY PEOPLE THE DOOR IS OPEN! I THINK WE CAN LEAVE NOW! NO IDEA IF IT'S SAFE BUT WHATEVER!"

I had to jump out of the way to avoid being trampled.

About 5 seconds later it was just me and the unconsious people.

I was tempted to yell "SEE YA!" and walk through the door, but I knew I had to be nice Katelyn.

So I dragged Luke to the edge of the door and pushed him through, followed by Silena and Beckendorf.

As I was about to push Percy through, his eyes opened, "Uh, hey Katelyn? What happened exactly?"

"Door!" I told him, not giving him time to respond before pushing him in. Then, I jumped in and darkness surrounded me.

Chaos (the awesome)

I stared at the growing pile of unconsious bodies on my dining table.

I knew that wasn't right  (plus they were covering my waffles), so I did the natural thing.

I snapped my fingers and Zoë Nightshade, Annabeth Chase, and Lee Fletcher stood in front of me.

"I have a problem." I announced as two more bodies fell.