1

"Arabesque and back to fifth position," Violet weaved between the girls, adjusting an arm or a leg as she saw fit. "Hold position."

She was aware of the crowd of scrutinizing parents sitting in the observation booth and she was aware of one in particular. Usually, it was always the mom's bringing their child to ballet classes but today the usual has altered.

He stood out like the alpha lion among his several lioness.

Violet's laughter was muffled by her shoulder when she glanced over at them. It was obvious he was uncomfortable and as expected because just about every mother in that room was drooling. They weren't even paying any mind to the kids anymore!

"Alright ladies, you did wonderful today. Give your self a round of applause and I'll see you Friday."

《 《  《 《

She pulled her jeans over her black leotard and slipped on her trench coat and was in the process of changing her shoes when a shadow loomed over her, covering the light.

She peered up at the source and her mouth gaped in awe. In the observation booth she predicted he was a mere 5'8 but when he stood his height reached an extra four inches then what she assumed.

"I wanted to introduce myself before class began but you waste no time starting." He reached a hand out and she took it to pull herself off the ground. His accent was soft as if he has been in America for too long and was losing it.

He shook the hand still in his grasp, "I'm Giovanni, Sofia's uncle."

"Violet Strong, nice of you to join us today." She released his hand and smiled.

"Her mother had other errands to run so she sent me on her behalf. I was expecting maybe a dad or two..." He trailed off and peered down at his giggling niece. "You think this is funny?"

"," she laughed louder.

"Vedremo che è buffo quando non ottenete la caramella più tardi." Abruptly, Sofia's laughter stopped and she tugged on her uncle's shirt.

"That's not funny zio."

"Oh but it is," he laughed. "I'm sorry Ms.Strong. It was nice meeting you. I'll see you Friday."

"She has more errands I perceive?" She called out in question behind them.

He shook his head and replied, "No, not at all."

After they left the studio was empty. Violet gathered her things and shut the lights off and locked up. It was 6:00pm, she had exactly fifteen minutes to make it to her bus stop on time.

Autumn's breeze brushed through her long silver blonde hair. The scent of pumpkin spice and cinnamon intensified as she walked by the bakery. It was taking every muscle in her not to cross the street and order the whole showcase.

"Screw my diet," she mumbled.

A bell signaled her entrance. "Aw, Violet I haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?" The old man behind the counter beamed and beckoned her closer. "Choose anything you want. It's on the house."

"I've been great, trying to maintain a diet. Failing as you can see. How about you?"

"Same ol', same ol'. Diets are for the weak anyway."

"Can I have a pumpkin spice latte and banana bread to go? Please?"

Her eyes lingered on the chocolate souffle filled with créme anglaise in front of her and she had to dare herself not to order that too. Temptation was a bítch.

"Here you go. Are you sure you don't want to stay?" He handed her the coffee and banana bread, gently pushing away the hand that tried to give him money. "On the house. I mean it."

"I'm sure. I have to catch the bus in," she looked at her watch, " eight minutes but thank you."

》 》 》 》

The metal door squealed on it's hinges as she slid it open, stepping into her loft and dropping her bag.

Her cat, Remy, purred at her toes and licked her leg. "Are you hungry?"

She went to the kitchen and scooped a hand full of cat food into Remy's bowl before figuring out what to prepare herself for dinner.

Her days were busy and her nights were lonely but that's how she likes it. It's what she's use to. There hasn't been a man to step foot into her loft in...years actually.

It's not because she's anti-social or didn't like men. Just that she has tried to be sexually active with a guy plenty times before and well not once has she not had to fake an orgâsm. With the first guy she thought it was purely his fault, 'maybe he wasn't doing it right' she thought.

But when the pattern just continued she soon realized every guy she has fell in bed with she found attractive, appealing to the eye. But that was all! She was never sexually attracted to any of them.

She couldn't even describe sexual desires because they never occurred to her. So of course when she did sleep with men she always thought finding them attractive was good enough, that that was all to it. Clearly she was mistaken.

A girl who has never orgâsmed but wasn't a virgin. Huh. Now that was a rare case.

《 《 《 《

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. If there are any mistakes please let me know. Feedback is appreciated.