12

A couple weeks had past. Tonight was the celebration of a new beginnings (literally) and Giovanni happened to be hosting a gathering at his house with family and friends, in which he invited Violet and hers.

Violet wore a midnight short dress with a draping neckline and red bottom heels to match. The dress cinched her waist and complemented her curves very well.

"This stupid GPS is always taking me the long way. What's the point of having it if it won't give the shortcuts?"

As if trying to defend its reputation the monotonous lady's voice gave another direction change before Kat angrily turned it off and rolled her eyes.

"How the hell are we suppose to find our way now?"

Nathan was in the back center, leaning his elbows on the back of both Violet and Kat's seat. He wore something simple, shockingly dressed in all black with silver jewelry to add a bit of spice.

"We're close by anyway...I think."

"We're on the rich side of town. Neither of us know where the hell close is and how really close is close," Nate took out his phone and opted to use his GPS instead. They were able to find their destination utilizing his cell phone and thankfully just in time because they were about to be late.

The mansion was huge. Spotlights lit up the path to the door and translucent lights were scattered all over the beautiful scenery. From what could be seen it seemed like the house was painted a creamy brown color, stones trailed up the sides and vines followed.

"What did you say he does again," Nate asked while peering up at the three story mansion.

"You know, I never really asked. I just know he's a business man."

Mouths agape and heads looking up as they walked forward, the three friends were mesmerized. Violet was first to snap out of it, knocking on the cognac colored grand doors. Standing next to said doors made one feel as small as an ant.

While waiting for the doors to open, Violet realized that this was her first time at his house. They've always went to her loft if they wanted some time alone with each other and now that made her wonder. But she didn't have time to dwell as the sound of the door unlocking caught her attention.

"I'm fücking poor," Nathan whispered as a man opened the doors. He wore a suit and had a towel draped over his arm. It was clear that he definitely worked there and wasn't a guest like them.

"Come in. The boss is waiting for you inside."

The entrance felt and looked just as huge as the house in general. The floors were a type of expensive marble, polished and clean. Pictures and paintings lined the walls like a gallery, set in a line that led all the way to the living area.

A group of approximately eleven people lounged around with a red cup or shot glasses in their hand. The crowd was welcoming and polite. Only person missing was their host.

"Miss Strong? What a pleasure and surprise to see you here," Sofia's mother was the first to greet and embrace Violet. As she did so the others followed, introducing themselves to her, Nathan, and Kat.

"I didn't know you'd be here."

Sofia's mom offered the three of them a drink before ushering them to some seats where they interacted with everyone else.

"So what's your New Year resolution?"

"To find a man," Nathan sipped his liquor and sighed. "Or maybe stop drinking."

The room burst into a fit of laughter while Nathan remained calm; he was serious and wondered why everyone took it as a joke.

"I need to learn how to say no to people." Another person shouted across the room.

Violet was having a nice time but she was more so concerned with where Giovanni was. She turned to ask and was told that he was held up in the room down the hall taking business calls.

So Violet excused herself from the crowd to go find him. She heard his sexy voice coming from the door to her left and leaned her ear against it.

Not much could be heard as the door between them did a great job muffling what was being said. Her fist hit the door repeatedly in four soft knocks, abruptly stopping the conversation on the other end.

With a turn and click the door opened and the beautiful man she's been spending most of her time with for the past two months revealed himself in a snow white cashmere sweater and dark jeans. He looked surprised to see Violet and he quickly stepped out and closed the door behind him.

His scent was tantalizing, a mixture of cedar wood and musk enveloped her senses as his body pushed into hers, lightly moving her away from the door. Before she could say anything his head fell to hers and placed a quick kiss to her red lips.

"You made it," he whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Did you expect me not to?"

"I don't know what I expected. Did you meet everyone yet?"

Violet smiled up at the man that suddenly looked excited. "You're a bit late if you want to introduce us."

"Io sono?"

"Uhhh, sì."

"You're learning, piccola."

"From the best," she grinned.

Giovanni took her hand in his and walked back out to his company. Violet casually looked over her shoulder at the door that he obviously prohibited Violet from seeing, her eyebrows furrowed curiously.

"Ah, Giovanni there he is. Just in time for the count down."

Violet scanned the room for her friends and was glad that they both found someone to hang onto tonight. It made what was about to happen less awkward for the two of them.

"10,9,8,7..."

Two glasses of champagne were thrusted into their hands as they gathered in with everyone.

Their eyes locked and they embraced each other with one hand as the remaining numbers of the countdown settled in the air.

"4,3,2...HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

A slowed version of Auld Lang Syne instrumental played through the t.v, muting the kissing noises of the room as everyone embraced their partner.

"Happy New Year, piccola."

"Happy New Year."

《 《 《 《

I apologize for the shortness of the chapter. I just wanted to say and remind you all that this is a short story so I'll be wrapping it up soon; can't give an exact number of how many chapters are left because I haven't figured that out yet myself.

Thank you so much for your reads and votes.

And like always this is unedited.