|eleven|

⭐️conners p.o.v⭐️

A text came through my phone. I didn't hesitate to stop driving and answer the text, it was Addie. I thought she was practically begging me to save her... I didn't understand. She had changed my life and I'd never even seen her before. It was all Carly's fault and now I'm distracted from football... But this girl.. She wasn't like the rest, I didn't know why I was curious and captivated. I just felt like I needed to help I had to do something.

conner: Addie, I promise, I won't let you down, let me help.

I waited and waited and no response. I pulled into my driveway and quickly made it to my bedroom without anyone noticing. Once I closed my door my phone buzzed, I opened my phone it was Addie

addie: I wasn't asking for a savior...

conner: too bad.. I'm here now

My hands typed faster and faster without my brain thinking it through, what was happening to me? The last time I ever felt like this was my last real girlfriend... Tiffany... But that was completely different.. This is Addie, Addison a girl I'd never met, and I was captivated by her and she didn't even know it.

The next morning I was the first up in my house which is a first, I chugged a cup of coffee to get me thought my day. I cooked breakfast for everyone else in my family and left my house at 5:38. I hoped in my truck and stopped by Zach's house at 6:45 honking the horn multiple times until a dazed Zach raced out of the house. "Why are you here at 6:40 I don't get up until 6:40 man!" Zach complained, a half eaten bagel hanging out of his mouth. I chuckled, "Sorry man, I've got things to do today." Zach rolled his eyes finishing his bagel. "Is it a girl? I haven't seen you like this since.. Ya know." "Tiffany. Yup my monster. You can say the name Zach I'm okay." He nods solemnly "So it is a girl.?" I roll my eyes pulling onto the highway "That is classified information." Zach laughs turning on the radio "Just keep the condoms in your wallet." I laugh, flicking at his head. "Man! You're gross no no it's nothing like that." I pause, music fills the background as Zach watches my face "I-It's just a friend thing." Zach smiles. "Just don't shut me out, Kay?" I nod. "Man you're stuck with me no matter what."

We pull up to the school and I park in my normal spot, Zach's normal spot is taken by some red sport car "Hey this isn't cool! This is our spot I need a find the owner of this car." He looks around furiously, "Calm down Zach, we'll figure it out okay? I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding." He pouts at me "Finnne, as soon as I get my truck back I want my spot back." "You'll get it back. I promise." We walk our separate ways to first block, I'll see him later at 2nd and 5th period and most likely after school too for football. I run across the school to Mrs. Peterson's class, people, trees things flying by me. My mind's racing, heart pumping faster and faster. I skid on the hallway, room 125, Peterson. Out of breath panting, I try to keep my cool. Most people known me, but they don't really know me, they just think they do. Zach is really the only one who knows me. I stand my back against the lockers, scanning the hallways, people are filing in, I'm looking for something that stands out, a girl. I don't know who I'm looking for, but I'm confident that I'll known when I see her. I just have to see her. The first warning bell rings, the halls are still crowded, I have 10 minutes to make this work.

Thank you guys so much for 96 (almost a hundred readers)!! It's mind blowing that this little book has captivated you all and I'm so happy you're sticking with me as I navigate writing my first novel short story. This book does need a lot of rewriting and I'm going to do it, but I want to finish it first and then go back and rewrite it so stick with me to the end and I promise you won't be disappointed. Thank you again for almost a hundred readers I love each and every one of you so much! Have a good day!
~Olivia