|fifteen|

"Conner! Listen to me!"

"Zach! Do you realize what you just said, it's genius, hop in the car. Let's go. We have to do something!"

"No Conner, you're not listening to me. It's the middle of the day. School! Football! Let's just think this through."

"There's no time to think this through Zach, please I have to do this, I️ can't do this without you." I️ begged him, bitting my lip, waiting on his reaction.

Zach sighed grabbing my truck keys, "I'm driving, let's go."
I️ smiled "Thank you so much."
"I️.. just don't want to see you broken again. We're going to be careful, okay? You're following my lead." I️ nodded slowly, he was thinking about Tiffany, I️ couldn't stop thinking about that too since I️ read the note, but Addie was different.

"Conner! you zoned out dude, promise me you won't be used, you'll protect yourself?" I️ sighed hoping in the car and buckling up. "I️ promise let's go." We sped out from the school parking lot, the little red car that was parked next to my truck I️ noticed it was missing as we left. Was it Addie?

We pulled up to the Porter's house and I️ gulped. The place always intimidated me but this time was different, "For Addie." I️ mumbled under my breath, Zach nodded turning the car engine off. "For Addie." We walked up the steps to the front door, I️ knocked, once, twice and stepped back.

A small frail woman answered the door. "Porter household, how may I️ help you?" I️ gulped "Hi, is miss Porter home?" The maid stopped for a second as if I️ took her by surprise. "You mean Madame Paris..? There is no Miss Porter."
I️ bit my lip, heart pounding in my chest. Zach stepped in front of me, "Excuse me, we are looking for Miss Addison Rea Porter, would she happen to be home?" The maid gasped, and stepped outside. "You know miss Porter, the miss Porter?" Zach nodded. "And we need to speak to her now" The maid nodded. "I'm not suppose to tell you this but Madame Paris is keeping Miss Porter up in her room, she found her sneaking in and accused her of stealing.. I️ don't believe a word that witch says. I️ raised miss Porter. I'll get you two boys up there immediately." We both smiled and thanked her.