24

There are moments where you lie in bed and just allow yourself to listen to the world around you. This was the case for Y/n, instead of sitting up as soon as her eyes opened, she stretched her limbs across their bed and breathed as if she were taking a lungful of fresh air for the first time. She didn't feel the need to get up just yet and allowed her thoughts and emotions to consume her.

Her mother, the woman who is supposed to love her unconditionally, abandoned her, almost 4 years ago, when Y/n wasn't what she wanted her to be then almost hit her with her vehicle last night. Her chest felt heavy and her eyes began to water. Y/n chuckled humorlessly. Unconditional love is a myth. She sat up abruptly and gave herself a momentary head rush.

The bathroom door flew open bringing a small amount of steam with it. There stood her girlfriend/future wife in all her glory fully clothed–sadly–and with her towel on her shoulder. At first glance Lauren smiled at her then the corners of her pink lips fell and her mouth fell open in concern. She speed walked up to Y/n and crawled onto the bed taking her face in her hands.

Y/n was so focused on Lauren's essence she completely forgot about her wet cheeks. "Oh baby." As the emerald eyed beauty made eye contact with her Y/n felt a familiar warmth spread in the pit of her stomach.

"Morning baby." Her voice was coated with sleep. She desperately needed to feel an emotion other than pain.

They shared a chaste kiss and sat there for a moment, holding one another. With Y/n's head on Lauren's shoulder, her arms wrapped around her body and Lauren's fingers massaging her scalp and her free arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"Morning...how are yo–"

Y/n swallowed and it felt somewhat painful, she placed her hand on Lauren's shoulder. "Actually can we not talk about that right now?" She managed to stop her voice from cracking.

Lauren didn't become angry or reprimand her for not wanting to talk about her emotions. The Cuban simply nodded her head and lightly pushed on her shoulders.

Y/n complied and lied back down then reached out to grasp Lauren's hand when she reached for the waistband of her bottoms. "Lauren, you don't–" With one look Y/n's breath was taken away by the amount of love that shone in her girlfriend's eyes.

Overwhelmed with affection her eyes began to water up as she laid her head back on her pillow. She needed this, they both knew that she did. To feel secure rather than distressed. To not let her negative emotions take control of her entire being. She needs a release.

Y/n lifted her hips as Lauren tugged at the waistband of her sweats and couldn't help but giggle as the items were carelessly tossed to a far corner of their bedroom. Lauren grinned and crawled up Y/n's body dipping her head to kiss her way up from her collarbone to her lips.

Y/n wrapped her hands around her neck and returned the amount of passion in the kiss. Tears began to stream down her cheeks at an even faster rate when her eyes fluttered open.

Lauren used one hand to wipe away her tears and hovered over her with the other. She kept her own tears at bay and got back to the task at hand. Making her baby feel better. She'd never seen this type of pain on her face before, the pain of a neglected child. Lauren was willing to do whatever it took to make her girlfriend smile again or at least feel loved. A few kisses and words of comfort weren't going to cut it.

The Latina straddled her waist and began to lift up her shirt at an agonizingly slow pace while grinding on top of her at the exact speed. She was glad that she chose not to wear a bra today. Y/n growled and slowly began to lose her patience. What a fucking tease. She thought to herself before sitting up to remove her shirt with one swift motion.